Who works/studies while surfing MR

Discussion in 'Community' started by DeSnousa, Jul 29, 2005.

1. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I know that when ever i study my other hand is clicking away at MR. It's a bad addiction but i can't see my self doing full on study. So do you have something you should be doing such as work or study instead of reading this thread ;)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Uni's only been back for a week so I don't have any work yet... But give me another month and I'll probably be on the 'Rumors a whole lot more. I can't finish an assignment now without quickly checking this place out. :eek:

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

most of us here know that there is something else we should be off doing rather than posting on MR, i know that when i was in school i would spend all day here while studying off and on, browsing in between, work makes it difficult to browse and post nowadays though, i have no computer access at work and am often working 10 hour or so shifts...... by the time i get home i just want to sleep

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

For a moment I thought "Who works/studies while surfing"

And I saw myself on a surfboard with a powerbook.

BTW... I have to go to the gym rather than being here.

See ya!

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

When I'm studying/doing work on the computer and am really board I find myself going to MR without thinking about it. I know I shouldn't though, lol.

Even done it in class before...but I was good and stopped bringing the ethernet cable :p

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I have MR running in a tab pretty much all the time when not lecturing or in the studio, but then I would wouldn't I?

;)

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Damn work is seriously cutting into my MR time... ;)

8. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

well, statisically the most popular time to shop online is monday and tuesday during work hours, so i imagine surfing MR or similar sites are the same way.

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I do, whenever I have school. Sometimes I just need to be able to turn Safari off and get some durn work done... :rolleyes:

10. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

homework, washing clothes, TV, MR...not necessarily in that order. More like all at the same time.

11. jdechko macrumors 68040

CanadaRAM, I know what you mean.

MR is the first thing I do when I get to work after I set up my computer for the day. I check Penny-Arcade and then I load MR and Fark. Then who knows how long it is until I actually work. Heh.

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01