Who would you choose...?

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, May 22, 2002.

1. macrumors 68030

teabgs

If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and had to pick one person from macrumors to be with you who would you pick?

I'd probably go with either Alpha or Mischief cause they seem like they know their way around the wilderness and can keep their cool when the going gets rough.

2. macrumors 68040

mac15

I would take my mac instead:D
    its a very hard choice but proabably a chick of here

3. macrumors 68030

britboy

Re: Who would you choose...?

If i was stuck on a desert island, i wouldn't be worried about having a partner with a sense of direction. I'm sure we'd have all the time in the world to orientate ourselves.

With that in mind, i'd take Cleo :D

4. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

dude....mac15....that avatar is killer! :D

who would I take?

I have no clue...I'll have to think about this for a while...

5. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: Who would you choose...?

u know...I was going to answer her...but I couldn't give a good enough reason other than she's female & seems hella interesting... ;)

6. macrumors 68030

britboy

Do you need any other reason?

7. macrumors 65816

cleo

::blush::

if only I could get a woman to talk that way about me... :)

I'd have to take... agreenster (to keep my wit sharp)... or macette (obvious reasons :))... or... I'm gonna stop there, before this turns into a "who would you like to meet" thread. :D

(I'd take my iBook and thus all of you! :))

8. macrumors 68030

teabgs

I had a feeling Cleo would win...I instinctively thought of her but then I realized I was being a geek and just picking her cause shes a chick.

9. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u are a regular here and u are worried about looking like a geek for opting to choose a female to take with u on a deserted island?!

ha ha ha!!!!! :D

that's funny...sorry....but it is.... ;)

10. macrumors 68030

teabgs

I guess you've got a point there....hmm...I guess I'm a Geek if I do, geek if I don't

All hail me, the most geek-conscious member of macrumors :p

11. macrumors 65816

cleo

What an honor... I think... ::scratches head::

Now, you boys all realize that even if I was stranded on an island with you, you still wouldn't have a chance, right? :D

12. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Too funny! :D

I would have to bring my girlfriend with me. No offense to anyone here, but I'd much prefer to be with someone I've known for 5 years than someone I barely know through a website.

Priorities, my friends. Priorities. ;)

13. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You guys are missing something, if I was stranded on a island, I'd take Miss MacRumors 2002, just don't tell my wife.:D

But if I could take someone else outside of MacRumors it would be my wife.

14. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Hey, who won that one? Wasn't it Jessica Alba?

Nothing formal was ever announced. :(

15. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm not sure who won...

but mymemory would have to fight me for Sarah Michelle Gellar...he he he :D

16. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It was stated that it had to be someone on MacRumors, so I was trying to keep with the idea. Since the only women on the stie that I know would only end up frustrating me, I had to find a solution.

No offense to the Power Dykes, but you'd probably be just as frustrated.

Which brings up a good question, where are all the straight women? There have to be some, right?

17. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I think they are the ones calling us geeks & b*tching about us ignoring them for the website... :rolleyes:

18. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

True, I get that at home with my wife sometimes. But there have to be a few women out on the boards who are hetero, not that there's anything wrong with that.....

19. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I agree...

I have 2 female friends who own Macs...

one a G4 tower....who's giving it up to use her husband's Dell...

the other a TiBook...which she has seriously f***ed up somehow and it needs to be sent back to Apple.....but an incredible photographer! ;)

I'd recruit either of them....but they wouldn't be active...I know already...

20. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'd bring... krossfyter. he's a freak and he'd make me laugh. and then we'd both die. so who needs much more than that.

my girlfriend would be better, but i don't imagine she's been posting on here... hmm

21. macrumors 68030

britboy

So? I'd much rather not stand a chance with you than.... well, i'm sure you can guess :D

22. macrumors 65816

cleo

LOL. BTW, what did you get the Beej award for?

23. macrumors 68030

mischief

Thanx Teabgs.

Though I'm sure Alpha and I have the same question:

Stuck with what tools/equipment?:D

If we're talkin' a cargo container with 2 powerbook Ti's, a rack full of Xserves, a crate of SW, Power gen. gear and a Satellite uplink.............

I'd just have to choose Dukestreet and set in motion the Universal Credit world-domination-from-a-desert-island schtick.:D

24. macrumors 68030

britboy

That was for the 'tar. How's yours coming along?

25. macrumors 65816

cleo

Finished. Actually, a whole series of 'em. These last 5 posts are killing me, though... 15 more minutes?