Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
OK, your not very cleverly disguised bid for attention worked.

I'll bite...who would you pay $600K to speak to?:confused:

;) :p

HAHA omg! It was hardly that, sheesh!
I'm just saying it wouldn't interest anyone here. It would be my dad. /shrug

I do all right in the attention department. :D

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
HAHA omg! It was hardly that, sheesh!
I'm just saying it wouldn't interest anyone here. It would be my dad. /shrug

I do all right in the attention department. :D

OK...you really got me with that one. Wanting to talk with your dad is incredibly sweet and touching...

No jokes this time...

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I do that all the time for free. What a schmuck I am, I should be charging myself.:p

Was thinking more on the literal grounds that I'd literally be able to sit down and have a chat and a brew with a clone/replica of me. Sometimes I feel I'd do a much better job with two minds. And I'd still own the $600,000. Or at least the other-me would.

I hope we'd get on. Last thing I want to do is pay all that money just to fight myself.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
OK...you really got me with that one. Wanting to talk with your dad is incredibly sweet and touching...

No jokes this time...

/shrug well, as far as bid for attention grabs go, that's just not one of them. ;)

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
If I had $600,000 to spare...

Living:
Nelson Mandela
Aung San Suu Kyi
Tenzin Gyatso (Dalai Lama)
James Watson (co-discoverer of DNA)

Dead:
Winston Churchill
Theodore Roosevelt
Walter Cronkite
Mike Wallace

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Sam Worthington, he's my man crush.

(In reality I'd never pay that much money to talk to someone but for the sake of the thread, see above).

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'd hope the person would talk to me in interest of talking to me, not because he/she was forced to. :eek:

Anyways I'm not sure.
Still thinking...

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Any Egyptian that contributed to the construction of the of ancient pyramids. I would want him/her to tell me EVERYTHING that took place and how they really got it done.

----------

Britney Spears!
I bet she has a lot to say.

She is someone I would love to talk to as well, although not at the cost of $600,000. I bet that poor woman has seen - and been subjected to - some really messed up things. I don't believe for one second she's as crazy as the mainstream media is ordered to portray her.

auhagen

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
Denmark
I probably sound really selfish and a attention seeker, but for real, i would talk to my deceased mum, who died when i was around 5. Never got to really know her.

Sorry to hear :-(

But my bet would be something like that. I would pay that amount of money just to have 5 min. With my dad who suffers from bad alzheimers and is like a kid now. Just 5 min. Just so I could thank him for all he have made me, and tell him one last time how much i love him.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Sorry to hear :-(

But my bet would be something like that. I would pay that amount of money just to have 5 min. With my dad who suffers from bad alzheimers and is like a kid now. Just 5 min. Just so I could thank him for all he have made me, and tell him one last time how much i love him.

Same, just to tell her how thankful i am for her giving birth to me. Sorry to hear about your Dad, must be hard to see him like that.

view2darrel

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
if its possible id like to talk with my grandfather , he passed away a year ago. i want to talk to him since we didnt had the chance to say goodbye.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
No one because I don't have 600K.

Well, I might cash out my 401Ks if I could be the first to talk to an actual alien from another world (seriously).

...come to think of it, Tim Cook's mannerisms do seem a little off at Apple events. Maybe he's worth 600K after all! (this part isn't serious).

glutenenvy

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
WA

My thoughts exactly. The myself I want to talk to is the one before getting married for the first time. I also plan to bring a score book along, Biff Tannen style so I can afford to do this later(now). No I gotta make like a tree and split.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.