Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMiniBuyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
Im looking to buy a new Mac Mini (Late 2012) .

Ive been reading about a lot of issues about the screen flickering / screen blanking out / snowflakes(?!) when connecting HDMI- HDMI .The issue seems to be connected to the Intelk HD4000 graphics card. Some people face this issue for a few seconds a day while other's seem to have more serious issue. Apple has released a firmware update which seems to solved the issue for many but the problem still persists for some.

I plan to connect my Samsung 32" LCD TV to my Mac Mini .My Mini is going to be used primarily for movies and web browsing and these issues have made me think twice.

Has the issue been resolved completely?

Should I still buy one right now or wait for the next batch to come out?

I dont have an option to assemble one online and get it shipped . Will probably have to get mine from the store directly.

Has everyone who has bought a new Mac Mini faced this issue or is it with only a few mini's ?

:confused::confused::confused:

ianrip

macrumors 6502
I already have a Mini 2012 late, connected to my Samsung series 6 LED 32" 3D, via HDMI-HDMI

I had the random screen issue, 1-2 times per day before I left for work on Dec 10, I don't want to change the cable config, but I may look at other cables.

the TV is also connectd to my NAS via the ethernet socket, and works very well through that.

I'm due back home on the 11th of jan, and will see how the update is.
can you wait until then:confused:

MacMiniBuyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
I already have a Mini 2012 late, connected to my Samsung series 6 LED 32" 3D, via HDMI-HDMI

I had the random screen issue, 1-2 times per day before I left for work on Dec 10, I don't want to change the cable config, but I may look at other cables.

the TV is also connectd to my NAS via the ethernet socket, and works very well through that.

I'm due back home on the 11th of jan, and will see how the update is.
can you wait until then:confused:

Im travelling to Thailand and buying it there. Leaving in a few days :(

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
Im travelling to Thailand and buying it there. Leaving in a few days :(
I have had mine for two weeks, use it 3 or 4 hours a day. Updated software on initial setup. I'm using HDMI to Samsung SyncMaster 27 inch HD monitor. Have not had any screen issues at all.

MacMiniBuyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
I have had mine for two weeks, use it 3 or 4 hours a day. Updated software on initial setup. I'm using HDMI to Samsung SyncMaster 27 inch HD monitor. Have not had any screen issues at all.

Nice to know sectime . Many users have had the issue resolved after the firmware update.

are you buying through the apple.com.th (Thai online apple store), or 3rd party?

i use the apple store and the DHL was very very good.

Im buying it from the store in Bangkok . Any Thai users here? Anyone familiar with Bangkok ? Wanted a good store recommendation.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Been using my Mac mini connected via a HDMi cable to a 46" Samsung TV perfectly fine even before the update. I've used it to play movies etc fine.
Updated to the latest firmware and still been fine ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.