Whoa! Snow!

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by OutThere, Jan 20, 2005.

1. macrumors 603

OutThere

The other night it was snowing outside, and I was puttering around the house, with not a whole lot to do - so I decided to see what would happened if I put the camera right up to the window, and put the flash on...and well, the results were nothing like what I was expecting! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Try it - You pretty much can't mess up, and they make really cool desktops! :)

2. macrumors 68040

maya

Okaaaaaaaaaaay then, :rolleyes:

One would think people have not grasped the whole idea about SNOW, I mean there are how many threads on this topic. Its nothing new, take a vacation to ski resort and you will sell a lot of real and fake snow depending on the weather. :)

3. macrumors 68040

Daveway

I did this on Christmas Eve when we got our first snow in like 10 years. But, I like brighter desktops.

4. macrumors P6

wdlove

OutThere761, I especially like the top picture. Thank you for sharing. ;)

5. macrumors 68040

tech4all

What is that little orangle glow a bit below the center of the photo? A reflection off an eye of an animal?

6. macrumors 68040

jxyama

looks like a tower light... if you put the camera right up to the window, there won't be any room for reflections to be imaged...

7. macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yea probably a street light or something.

8. macrumors 65816

Vader

Sure it isn't the red-eye-reduction light from the camera?

9. thread starter macrumors 603

OutThere

It's a streetlamp a block away from my house - it shows up better in some of the other pictures. Too bad it's not something cool and interesting - such as, as you said, the reflection off the eye of an animal. :cool:

maya - It's not that I haven't seen snow a lot (There's snow on the ground here all winter), but it's just the fact that the snow looked so completely different from normal in these pictures - I guess I didn't take into consideration the depth of field of the picture, and the fact that the out of focus flakes would be big and translucent. :)

10. macrumors P6

wdlove

11. macrumors P6

wdlove

12. macrumors Core

that is certainly an interesting way the pictures of the snow turned out, i like it, ill have to remember it the next time that we get some decent snowfall around here, thanks for sharing

13. macrumors 6502a

debroglie

I have a similar picture as the first one that I took
    [​IMG]

However, I think what is more interesting is how I used it to create this poster for my campus literary magazine
    [​IMG]