whoo. my mom said if i go to my graduation ceremony i can get a new computer.

Discussion in 'Community' started by evil, Jun 20, 2003.

1. evil macrumors 6502

2. Clark C macrumors member

Good for you. But jeez, go anyway. Graduation was awesome. I just graduated last year and wouldn't have missed it for anything. Its the last time you get to see all your buddies in one place for a long while, if ever. Enjoy life! Enjoy the computer too, thats great.

3. evil thread starter macrumors 6502

im talking about university graduation.
    and i think its damn boring. its just not something i want to go to.
    i think its worth the trade off for a new computer though.

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

that's kind of disgusting that your parents still have to coax you like that at your age. on the other hand, i got my laptop for my birthday and graduation (got it on my b-day a semester before graduating though), and i sure didn't attend mine. it was high school though. i think myself much less likely to attend the college one, but i think come my junior year i'll use scholarship money to buy me another tricked out apple laptop computer :cool:

who knows what processor they'll be sporting then, eh ;)

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

while not as memorable as the high school graduation, going to college graduation is still worth it, along with the long, boring ceremonies and all and probably graduating with mostly strangers you didn't grow up with, for a chance to have a new computer

for high school, it will definitely be, for anyone here going through it, the very last time you will see that many people you know all in the same place

class reunions at later dates bring many people, but strange as it may seem, many don't care and some can't come back because they are dead...in my high school graduation, i think one might have been in prison, and one who was a truck driver, died some years back

and as time goes on, there will be fewer and fewer people alive to come together as a group...we just had our 20th high school reunion last year and i suspect in another ten years, we will have quite a few who may pass away due to bad health, obesity, smoking, etc and some of the people i saw at our 20th looked quite unhealthy and far older looking than their 38 years

6. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I just went to the graduation of the local high school yesterday (to film it, actually), and I saw a lot of people that were obviously very excited to be there and were waiting for this their whole lives.

I guess the saying "to each his own" is appropriate.

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

omg.......... i wish my mom was anywhere near that cool..... She would take away my computer unless I went........

pfft...

:mad: :eek: ;)

[​IMG]

8. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

dude he is like 22 or something i am sure. your parents can't even legally do that at that age. i'm sure his mom wasn't too different from yours 4 years ago. you're still a kid. he's not.

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what???? scem's a kid? man. here i had thought he was a mature 30 at least.....

personally, i found college graduation more rewarding in that i was more proud of what i'd done.... but high school more fun in that i had more friends right there in my company at the graduation... my friend (no plural) in college graduated from a different part of the university, and i wasn't about to go to the all university hectic garbage in the park.

10. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I'm with Jello on this one... My highschool graduation didn't have the same sense of accomplishment as my college gradutation, but i wasn't big on highschool. I liked college alot more.

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I can't imagine that you wouldn't want to attend your college graduation, it's a once in a lifetime event. It's something that you might regret if you didn't. Your mom is awesome, offering to buy you a new computer! You have definitely hit a great time in which to purchase a new computer.

Congratulations on the occasion of your college graduation!

12. gotohamish macrumors 65816

gotohamish

If your mum was that 'cool' then you'd be as sad as the original poster. Sometimes kids need to do these things for their parents, not incentives, as they're proud of you.

I wish my dad could've come to my art college graducation last year, because I knew how proud he was of me, yet he died 6 weeks before it. He would've been gutted to think I didn't want to go because I was too cool or something.

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I know I know. They can't legally stop them, but I'm not willing to create negativity in my relationship with my mother if she wanted to take away my computer. I love my mom a lot, i guess that's why I can't say no to her. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

14. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

agreed on the boredom factor, unless they have an exceptionally good speaker.