Who's Addicted to Podcasting?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by SummerBreeze, Sep 12, 2005.

1. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

Sep 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    When podcasting was first avaliable in iTunes, I could really have cared less. It wasn't until I moved into my new apartment and started riding my bike everywhere again that I became obsessed with podcasting. When I'm bored (which I am a lot as school hasn't started yet), I just turn on my iPod and load the newest podcast. I'm addicted to Mugglecast, The Al Franken Show, The Naked Scientists and TV Guide Podcast. I was wondering who else here shares this same obsession, and if any of you guys have any podcasts to recommend.
  2. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    im not all that into Podcasting, i just don't see the point. its no lemon jelly :)
  3. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    TWiT is the only podcast I listen to, if and when I have time. Podcasts are cool, they certainly serve a function I thought I wouldn't need.
  4. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2004

I agree, TWIT has me hooked on podcasting now. Well, not really hooked on podcasting, just hooked on TWIT. It's the screensavers in audio form!
    And TWIT has gotten me on to Kevin Roses new website, www.revision3.com. It's like TV, but way better because you can watch it whenever and wherever you want. Very cool.
  5. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I'd be hooked if they didn't show up in my library. I am almost considering removing my podcasts because of the havoc it causes in my iTunes life. But I won't delete it because the one I listen to is so great. It is the morning show from my radio station back home. It's like nothing I can get at school.
  6. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Feb 3, 2004
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I subscribed to 3 when iTunes 4.9 came out. About 3 weeks after that, I was listening to 1 of those. By the time iTunes 5 came out, the total was down to 0, enabling me to happily disable podcasts. I kinda doubt that most of them that get downloaded ever get listened to. I downloaded a ton of them before ever canceling, but never listened to them.
  7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I'm in the same boat as Heb1228 except I wasn't so outrageous and I only ever downloaded one at the start. It was so bad/boring I can't even remember its name.

I hate radio and I particularly hate people talking to me and trying to be funny whilst giving me their unvalued opinion as if it were fact. I hate podcasts.

And yes, I'm fully aware of how hate is a very strong word. I don't use the term lightly. :p
  8. zv470 macrumors 6502

Jul 4, 2004
    New Zealand
    I listen to German podcasts... been living in an english speaking country for 19 years... so I find these podcasts great for keeping up with my german.

p.s. It's amazing how many english words have infiltrated into popular german.

p.p.s. my favorite german podcast is "Schlaflos in München" :)
  9. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    I'm subscribed to several, they're nice in the background. The one thing that's still lacking is a good way to find interesting shows. It was easy just to sample them last year when there was only a handful of podcasts, but now everyone and their pets are publishing. Ugh.
  10. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

Feb 26, 2003
    around the world
    Hey - I make a German Mac Podcast. It is called the Maccast.de and it is even featured on http://www.apple.com/de/podcasting/

If you like to listen: click here