Who's bought an Apple TV in the last week?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by themanfromvlad, Jan 19, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

Bought a 40 GB refurb the day after take two announced. I am very pleased, the refurb is super cheap and I can't wait for the update. FedEx says mine should arrive Monday. It'll be interesting to try it out pre and post update.

2. macrumors 65816

gotohamish

I picked one up at the SoHo store in New York. I got the 40GB too, since I'll just be streaming from it. Love it so far, and can't wait for the update and the forum posts on ripping with 5.1.

3. macrumors 68000

bc008

i think that we are going to get a 40 GB refurb when we have the money

4. macrumors member

I bought a 160 GB Apple TV on the day of the ATV2 announcement. I already had a 40 GB in my family room, but I wanted another one for the living room upstairs, especially now that rentals are coming. I prefer the bigger drive so that I can sync everything from my main computer and don't have to worry about having the computer on and iTunes open.

5. macrumors 68020

ipedro

^ Me too... bought a 160GB

6. macrumors regular

Domofloge

I can't wait to pick up an Apple TV as soon as I get the money! haha.

Being a college student doesn't help much.. :cool:

7. macrumors 6502a

I ordered an 40GB refurb right after ATV Take 2 was announced. 'Just did some research first to confirm that hardware is the same. Got it Friday and enjoying it already; will enjoy it even more once the upgrade software comes...:)

8. macrumors newbie

got a 160. should have got one a long time ago, i didn't know what i was missing. it is amazing device even before the new software upgrade. can't wait for ability to rent SD, HD, and flickr integration.

9. macrumors 6502

Bought a 160GB this afternoon. Now I can anxiously await the software upgrade on my Apple TV just like i do on my iPhone.....:)

10. macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Haven't actually bought it yet (waiting for vacation pay), but DECIDED to buy it just after Take 2 was announced.

Should have it next week.

Going to get the 40GB and mostly stream form my iMac.

11. macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

Bought one on Stevenote day as well. The 160GB model. I like it a lot but would like it more if TV shows could be purchased in HD. Especially LOST.

12. macrumors 6502

notnek

Will be buying one this week!

13. macrumors 6502

So if I ordered an Apple TV 40gb yesterday will I receive the new box or old one? Any difference outside of the packaging and software that would be a difference?

14. macrumors newbie

I am buying one tomorrow, they have them at Costco 160GB for 299.

15. macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I bought one last week at the local Apple store and got a 8% discount for being a business owner. :D

16. macrumors newbie

I did....

17. macrumors newbie

They are the same from what I understand......there will be a software update only.:apple:

18. macrumors newbie

Same for me...

19. macrumors regular

My 40GB Refurbed arrived on Friday

Works perfect. Very Happy and can't wait for the software update.

20. macrumors regular

I purchased a refurb 40g Friday and Fed Ex says it should be here on Tuesday, i can't wait! :D

21. macrumors member

Get this:

I ordered a 40gb refurb last tuesday(day of Stevenote) it arrived on Thursday. Awesome right? Well it gets better. Even though I ordered and paid for a refurb($199+tax), they sent me a brand new TV! It came in full retail packaging unlike refurbs that come in plain brown boxes. I am loving the TV! It is definitely one of my favorite Apple products. I can't wait for the update next week.

22. macrumors 6502

bought the 40GB

Opted for the lower cost model, because I also bought the iPhone, too! :D

23. macrumors 68040

Phil A.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

went to the local Apple store and picked a 160GB one up today. Using component video as my tv only has one HDMI port and my cable box is using it. Very impressed with it so far: picture quality is great (my tv is only 720p) and it was dead easy to set up. wish I'd got one earlier now :)

24. macrumors regular

Ordered a new 40GB model yesterday.

(my company has an employee discount with Apple which doesn't apply to refurbished items, and the difference between discounted-new and refurbished wasn't worth it to me)

- Ruud

25. macrumors newbie

I just tried the Xtreme Mac HDMI switcher and I cannot get any video just audio from my Comcast box....GRRRRR