Who's buying Metroid Prime Hunters?

Discussion in 'Games' started by litosclone, Mar 2, 2006.

1. litosclone macrumors member

I just bought a Nintendo DS from "TheGimp", the DS came with the Metroid Prime Demo, I've never liked FPS's, but I really enjoyed this game. I'm definitely getting Metroid on March 20. I can't wait to play online matches and talk to people before and after the matches. Who else is getting Metroid Prime Hunters on the 6th?

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I am getting it 110% but not the 6th cuz I´m in europe. Anyone know the european release date?

3. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

According to Nintendo Europe, the release date is 5 May.

If you can't wait that long, why don't you import - there is no region encoding on DS games. I certainly going to. I used Lik-Sang to get Animal Crossing well before the European relase, and had no problems at all with them.

4. turbopants macrumors regular

I'm definitely picking up Metroid as well, but I think the US release date is 3/20 or 3/21 according to ign and dsfanboy. Also Tetris DS is supposed to be out the same day. Good month for the DS.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I wasn't sure but since they it's now official that there is also going to be a single player mode (almost as long as Prime), I'll definitly be getting it.

Metroid Prime Hunters is going to be a great vale. Best graphics on the DS to date as an added bonus.

6. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

As soon as I get my DS Lite I'm getting metroid prime.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

No doubt i'm getting this.....and i will see you all on the battle feild.

Bless

8. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

In regards to the U.S. The ship date is 3/20 (Tetris ships same day).

Also, starting Monday the dual DS interactive in stores will be updated with Tetris and Metroid. Stores with the single DS interative will be updated with Metroid.

Keep in mind not all stores will be updates on Monday. It is roughly a 30 day cycle.

9. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

NO! Brits don't buy from Lik-Sang. at least not for a single game. CD-Wow.com have it and there's no nasty tax. Case in point;
    I pre-order Mario Kart at CD-Wow. They say "sorry guys, america loves it so we can't get you any". alright I'll go with Lik-Sang. same problem. only they've taken my money and it took 2 weeks to arrive, in the mean time my sisters CD-Wow copy of Mario Kart had arrived. THEN I was hit with a tax form. Brilliant.

Sorry guys, but I've been stung by them before so yea :)

I'm getting it from there. The game looks awesome. The demo worked wonders on me, an actual FPS on a handheld that played better than a PC control-wise. Rather than GBA and PSP, systems just not made for FPS games at all.
    Might even preorder Tetris too.

11. jdechko macrumors 68040

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I just hope it lives up to the hype. they're going out on a limb. it was only 3 years ago that Metroid went 3D after all. and now we're on an online handheld FPS. fingers crossed! and that.

13. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Agreed, but I wasn't too thrilled with the demo way back at the DS Launch... hopefully they changed some things around.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It was a demo, released over a year ago. course things have changed! Smoother frame rates, better textures, characters, maps, multiple modes, online play, more weapons, an actual game now...

There are 2 kinds of demos. ones they release near the games launch to act as a try before you buy thing, and theres the tech demo they release years before. Like this.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

What i'm really hoping is the 4 on 4 don't become boring....or they at least allow more than four in a game.

Bless

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Online it looks like it will be limited to four, but the vids looked pretty action packed.

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Topic highjack: It seem as if nintendo is charging for internet in the form of a cartridge($35)...am i right?

Bless

18. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I think the Nintendo DS Opera browser card also comes with a RAM upgrade expansion cartdridge. I could be wrong. Maybe it's sold separately.

19. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

I'm definitely getting this one, but not till may. it'll go great with a nice new DS lite. :cool:

20. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It does, for caching and stuff.

21. myshoeshurt macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wonder if local multiplayers will support a max of 8 characters and online will support a max of 4? Like Mario Kart. If so me and my mates could have a LAN party picnic :D

23. cubist macrumors 68020

I'm undecided. In the demo, I come to a place where there are these lifts going up and down, and I can't get past that point. What am I supposed to do there? Does anyone know?

Other than that, the demo is really neat. The way you use the pen is really clever. Who says FPSs can't go to a console? Try it!

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

double tap the screen to jump. jump onto (or through) the platform. ta da!

25. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yea they did handle this FPS real well i must admit...but hey its a metroid game and they are always on top.

Bless