Who's buying the Revolution?

Discussion in 'Games' started by DevilDog, Jan 2, 2006.

1. DevilDog macrumors regular

DevilDog

I just wanted to take a survey of how many people are going to buy the revolution. I don't know if there is some out there who could make a poll thing (or wow! a widget!) but i thought you could just add one to the number from the person before if you're buying it. That way there will be a percentage at the end. For example:

Me: 1/1
    Next person: (They want it) 2/2
    Next person: (They don't want it) 2/3
    and so on

maybe that was a dumb idea...

2. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

I usually never buy launch day, but I'll be waiting outside some store with bells and whistles launch day. It's going to be incredible and I plan on going all out for a change.

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

3/3

A little bit of a dumb idea, I don't think this polling system will hold up :p

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I will. 4/4

I don't know if naysayers will feel like writing.
    But the reason I am getting a Rev: the interface. The touchscreen on the DS is great. I think it'll be the same way with the Rev controller.

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

5/5

The first console I bought within a month of launch was the DS. Previously I always waited at least a year. I haven't regretted it. I'm buying a Revolution at launch, or as close to launch as possible. Can't wait :) Even if we have a lack of launch titles, as is usual for new systems (Super Smash Bros online though, whoo), there are still hundreds of classic games downloadable.

6. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

6/6

The last console I bought was a 64, so I've been hanging out to get something new. The Revolution seems so revolutionary that it's got me wanting it bad.

7. Golden_315 macrumors member

6/7

Meh. Nothing new or that exciting about the rev. To me at least. Plus the "remote" controller just seems like a silly idea that was thought up 20 years ago but never used until now

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Aww, give it some credit. I think it's time we moved beyond the usual console controller, seeing as they've stagnated in any kind of development for quite a while.

9. Golden_315 macrumors member

Well it's definatley a ballsy move. Yet I don't know about the feasablilty of it. Now sure it can add some cool new elements to games. Yet it also seems to be a gimick that Nintendo is using to draw in customers. I mean yeah it would make FPS's easier on a console but I actually like the joypad controller style. Call it a guilty pleasure if you will

10. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

7/8

I cant wait to get my hands on one and it will probably be the only next gen console i purchase until the PS3 has a significant price drop, as for the xbox 360 i am totally unimpressed with everything from the graphics and games to the aesthetics of the machine and please dont get me started on the power brick....

SHadow

11. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

7/9

I WAS going to buy it, but I recon I'll be sensible and spend the money on my home-studio instead.

In the end, I won't know until I buy it. Would be cool, but recording your songs is also cool. :)

12. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

08/10

I am not sure if I will buy it on launch day but it will almost certainly be my next console. Just the fact that it offers something unique with the controller, compatibility with my GameCube games, connectivity to my Nintendo DS and the catalogue of classic NES games has sealed the deal.

13. Sargiel macrumors member

9/11

I like the direction nintendo are going with this - and given that the most fun I've had on a console has been with nintendo games it's a no-brainer.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

10/12

I dunno if I'm doing this right I just saw a pattern and I'm following...

I'm getting one. launch day. there will be no silly waiting like the 360 had. if rumours are true then the Rev is being produced and stockpiled now.

Why? because its the only system offering me something new, to a guy completely uninterested in graphics, next-gen DVD formats or Big Brother style online play.

15. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

Who knows? Give me a launch date, a launch price, the price of games, the price of peripherals, the list of games launched with the system, then I'll know.

Til then, how can I decide? I love the look of the Revolution, but let's be serious, we don't know enough about it yet to make any kind of decision. It hasn't even got past the codename stage…

16. silverback66 macrumors regular

I'm thinking about it. I like what I'm seeing so far, but this go around I'm only planning on buying one system and I'm equally torn amongst all three right now. On one hand there's the 360 whch will have Oblivion and Halo 3, then there's the PS3 which will have MGS4 and GTA, then there's the Rev that will have the nintendo games and a cool new way to control them. I suppose it'll come down to whether I want a more cinematic gaming experience or a more *ahem* revolutionary one. I'm sure I'll know by the time E3 is over.

17. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

The Rev is speculated to launch between $99 and $149 (even if it was $299) what kind of home studio can you build/buy for that little amount of money? Im a musician too and all I need is a mixer, mic, and my mac! What are you looking at getting? (oh and I already have effects pedals for the guitar so I didn't include)

11/13

Im definitely getting it for a: the controller and b: its going to be cheap so why the hell not? and c: backwards compatibility of every game???? Rock on!

18. jdechko macrumors 68040

12/14.

I'll definitely be getting one very close to launch date. The gamecube really got me back into console gaming, and I don't really see myself ever going back to pc gaming.

19. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

20. takao macrumors 68040

takao

14/16

not sure about launch but i guess within a month

but it depends on how much it will cost etc. ... if it's get released just before exams i'm gonna wait ;)

21. Linkjeniero macrumors 6502

15/17

I'm really looking forward to it. Nintendo has never failed me, so why should they this time? I really like the idea of the controller (I just wish they had done the controller attachments wireless too). Plus, there's no way in hell I'm missing the ultimate backwards compatibility Nintendo console.

22. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

16/18

I'll be buying this system at some point within the first month or so it is out. As of now, I plan on preordering it somewhere, once possible.

23. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

17/19

The Revolution will most probably the first of the next generation consoles I will purchase.

The 2 determining factors that rule if I buy a console early are A) Early titles available and B) Price.

I'm pretty sure the Revolution will have me covered on both fronts. It should be cheap enough and have good launch titles. (Metroid=drool) I'm not sure the new controller will be best for all kind of games, but fortunately, I'll be able to plug in a "traditional" controller when needed.

I might go for the PS3 at launch if one of my favorite franchise is available when it's released but so far I expect the price tag to be highly prohibitive. (More expensive that 360? We'll see)

I didn't buy the 360 yet because none of the games available now or announced for the first quarter are of any interest to me. (I don't like sports and racing game) Hopefully time will bring titles more to my personal taste.

24. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

18/20.

I'm getting mine on launch day. A white or black one, not sure yet.

I've heard rumors that Metroid Prime 3 will be available on launch day too, so it's a no-brainer for me.

As for the price? I'm not worried. Nintendo knows what they're doing.

25. Subliving macrumors member

Subliving

19/21

Can't wait to get my hands on this machine. Nintendo may have a lower market share, and create fewer games than the other boxes, but when they're on form, no one can beat them.

I'm waiting for the next Ocarina of Time. When that was released, wow, what a gem!

Subliving