Who's getting a Flashback 2.0?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mavimao, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I know I am! Atari has gotten their act together and will release this week a dedicated console with 40 games included.

But here's the best part: the hardware is 2600 hardware on a chip. No emulation, no porting. Just the old blocky shapes and beeping noises we've come to associate with Atari. Plus, they've made it relatively easy to hack a cartridge port to it so you can play all of your old cartridges again!

The new controllers are 100% compatible with older 2600s and vice versa.

In anycase, I'm all down with it. Just avoid the early shipments to Wal-Mart since they have a defective sound chip.

Who else is getting one?

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Maybe if you posted a link that would be easier for us to answer...

3. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Prety cool, but no game list? Looks like Pitfall is in there, based on the screens, but I wonder what the 20 "new games" are... Pitfall was a favorite of mine, so maybe after Christmas when these are on sale for like $15 I'll get one ;-)

5. anterior macrumors newbie

6. Mavimao thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

3D Tic-Tac-Toe, Adventure, Adventure II, Aquaventure, Arcade Asteroids, Arcade Pong, Asteroids Deluxe, Atari Climber, Battlezone, Caverns Of Mars, Centipede, Combat, Combat 2, Dodge'm, Fatal Run, Frog Pond, Hangman, Haunted House, Human Cannonball, Lunar Lander, Maze Craze, Millipede, Missile Command, Off the Wall, Outlaw, Pitfall, Quadrun, Radar Lock, Return To Haunted House, River Raid, Saboteur, Save Mary, Secret Quest, Space Duel, Space War, Video Checkers, Video Chess, Wizard, Yars' Return, and Yars' Revenge

7. crachoar macrumors 6502a

For a second there - I thought this thread was about a sequel to the game 'Flashback' - and I got giddy like a school girl...

That ruined my day...

8. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

Game list Review

I found this review - game list exerpt below - I loved River Raid!

http://www.classicgaming.com/features/articles/flashback2/

40 Games

The Racing Category Screen
    Upon powering up the Flashback 2.0, you'll be greeted with a wonderful menu system design by Curt. He put a lot of time and effort in to giving a great experience while remaining easy to navigate. Games are divided in to 4 categories similar to the original Atari catalogs - Adventure, Space, Racing, and Skill/Action. Here then, for the first time, is the full listing (in alphabetical groupings) of the 40 games to be included in the system:

* 3D Tic-Tac-Toe
    * Adventure, Adventure II, Aquaventure, Arcade Asteroids, Arcade Pong, Asteroids Deluxe, Atari Climber
    * Caverns Of Mars, Centipede, Combat, Combat 2
    * Dodge'm
    * Fatal Run, Frog Pond
    * Hangman, Haunted House, Human Cannonball
    * Lunar Lander
    * Maze Craze, Millipede, Missile Command
    * Off the Wall, Outlaw
    * Pitfall
    * Quadrun
    * Radar Lock, Return To Haunted House, River Raid
    * Saboteur, Save Mary, Secret Quest, Space Duel, Space War
    * Thrust
    * Video Checkers, Video Chess
    * Wizard
    * Yars' Return, Yars' Revenge

The new Arcade Pong
    Of the 40 listed games, 7 are complete new games! As if that wasn't enough, another 7 are unreleased/prototype games. 2 more (River Raid and Pitfall!) have been licensed from Activision, another first. Probably the most telling of the bunch are the 4 homebrew games included.