Who's getting an xbox 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by qtip919, Nov 21, 2005.

?

Are you getting an Xbox360?

Poll closed Dec 1, 2005.
  1. Yes

39.8%
  2. No

60.2%
  1. qtip919 macrumors 6502

I love this system...their open integration with 3rd party accessories is a first for this company...I cant wait...

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

3. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Yes, probably.

But I'll be waiting until there's some console-only game that I really want to play. Which I'm guessing could take a while.

Not that I could afford it now, anyway.

4. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Should have two premium systems in my hands tomorrow.

5. qtip919 thread starter macrumors 6502

Games, games, games...It takes so loong to get good games for a console...

lucky they have backwards compat on halo2...actually, halo2 looks AMAZING on the new 360...

for me, all I care about is Madden2006...

6. NerdBoy macrumors member

NerdBoy

Totally!!! I can't wait for halo 3, i can play with my xbox 1 friends on Live, and it is backward compatible!!! The "media center" aspect sounds cool, but i mostly want it for the games.

7. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I am going to get one, but I had it pre-ordered from gamestop, but now they told me that my 360 won't be in until after Christmas...

8. qtip919 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have to admit, I have used one already with a media center pc hooked up to it via remote controller package...

it was simply amazing. one minute, we were playing a game, the next, listening to some music FROM MY IPOD!!, and then the next minute, we were watching an HD recorded show from the media center PC...it was incredible

Downside is you need a media center PC...

9. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Is Xbox Live free in any way? I have never has an Xbox so I wouldn't know. Also, will I be able to get an Xbox 360 even if I didn't pre order? Like I just go to my local walmart and pick one up?

10. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Isnt the xbox faster than any computer on the market? Are people gonna hack the crap out of it and install linux on it and have a cheap fast computer?

11. Melkor macrumors 6502

I'm gonna wait for the price to go down and for a good exclusive game to come out.

12. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

All 360 owners get a free "Silver" subscription to download demos and such. Otherwise, they're $70 a year. There will also be "Silver Weekends" where you can experience the full Live experience for free in order to tempt you. To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to this part of the 360 launch: I'm already a Live subscriber and love it. I just consider it part of the system, not an option. :)

The Premium version has a 30 day Live Gold demo.

Unless you're willing to go get in a line right now, you have little chance of getting a 360 off-the-shelf. Demand is high and limited quantities. They're going on eBay for some pretty amazing prices.

[Edit] Fixed price, corrected some facts.

13. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

The Silver service is free, and allow you to make a online profile, download updates, trailers, demos, etc. plus, supposedly, some limited multiplayer online gaming (weekends only).

Edit: Don M. beat me to it, with a better answer no less :p

No.

Probably.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

not me.

my modded Xbox steams my videos on a media centre app (which has more codecs than the 360, too). I care not for updated graphics. I have no need to pay for Live when Xlink Kai does the same thing for free.

I can honestly see no point in buying a 360. Especially since only 1 of my Xbox games will play on it. And that you also have to pay for glorified free 'Flash' games.

15. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

"A gamer craves not these things."

;)

16. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

I, too, have MC on my old Xbox so I don't care about that functionally, neither do I care about Xbox Live, as I don't do much online (console) gaming anyway.

But I do care about updated graphics and, more specifically, the higher resolution. Mostly because I whould like to hook it up to my LCD and the resolutions in Xbox1 games are way too low for that. It makes the games look outright bad, IMO.

I just don't care enough to get0 it just yet. It's still lacking in games, and some of the ones I'm looking forward to will come out for the PC anyway. So, it's just meh at the moment. (But I'm certain I'll buy it at some time).

17. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Since none of my computers would run Call Of Duty 2 nicely, I'll get an xbox360 (maybe next-year).

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Got 2 on pre-order since May this year :D 1 for me, 1 to be sold before christmas for 200Euro more :p

19. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I might get one if someone gets Mac OS X running on it, which i bet they will, after all they got it running the the original Xbox, 2 dual core G5s(970MP if i am right) nice machine!:D

20. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

What for?? I can think of a dozen other things to do with the $600 that I'd have to plop down for a 360, along with the $100-$200 more for a handful of games.

Count me out.

21. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

22. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Yeah I'll be getting one as all but one friend is on Live, not to mention it saves me $$$ keeping in touch with out of state friends. But at this rate with people camping out at stores I don't think I'm getting it soon :cool:

23. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I have a PS2 and I'm waiting on PS3. Once they both come out, I'll read the reviews and try them out at the store. The better system wins my love and attention. I'm not going to waste my money on a 360 if the PS3 is better. That said, it is not beneath me to switch to MS if they have the better product.

24. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

haha I wish I could get one. I have looked all over the darn place and can't find any. And I live in boston so I assume that all of the big stores already have lines outside of them! argh. guess I'll just have to wait.

25. PharmD macrumors 6502

"Hecks no! I got Bowser on the ropes! Pwned! (or however you say that word)."

Basically, I'm trying to say that I'm content with Mario Kart DS. No 360 for me. Nor do I want one. Viva la Revolution!