Who's Getting Your Oscar Nomination?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by AX338, Jan 16, 2014.

1. macrumors regular

AX338

Have to say having seen American Hustle there should be a category for Best Hair!

Best Picture
    12 Years a Slave

American Hustle

Captain Phillips

Dallas Buyers Club

Gravity

Her

Nebraska

Philomena

The Wolf of Wall Street

http://oscar.go.com/nominees

2. macrumors 6502a

Foreign Language Film

The Broken Circle Breakdown

3. impulse462, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014

macrumors 65816

impulse462

I'm pretty surprised American Hustle got 10 nominations. I enjoyed it, but I thought it was a tad overrated. Best picture, director, and actress I can see. Christian Bale was pretty good but the best actor category is stacked this year.

Overall I thought 12 Years a Slave, Wolf of Wall Street, Her, and Inside Llewyn Davis were all better films than American Hustle.

4. macrumors regular

Msail30bay

Gravity, 12 Years a Slave, Dallas Buyers Club, Philomena and The Hunt. They ALL should win for GREAT story telling/script, directing and acting. Why pick and choose? They all worth winning the Oscar, in my opinion.

5. macrumors 68040

velocityg4

The Hobbit should be nominated for and win in every category. Even the categories that don't apply to it. Such as best Latvian drama. :rolleyes:

I think the last time I watched any part of the Oscars was over 25 years ago before my parents got cable, unless you count brief glimpses when channel surfing before the onscreen guide. It's just a bunch of people in the movie industry deciding on which of their peers did the best in their respective field.

6. macrumors 68020

sviato

Never really understood why people get so excited by these award shows. Then again, I'm still not really sure why people obsess with celebrities, oh well.

I'd nominate Wolf of Wall Street. It was both funny and sad and a party all the way through.