Who's going to E3?

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Apr 4, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm bursting with excitement as I just got approved for E3 (free!), and I just wanted to ask who else was going. Perhaps we'll run in to each other?

Is anyone else here on MR going to E3?

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I've considered going several years but never have and probably never will. You'll have to tell me how it is. :)

I've heard from many people that it's actually more interesting to be online during the event as news sites cover it because it is so crowded and there is so much to see that you just really end up missing most of it.

I have even heard it "sucked" to be at the event in person... but it has always at least looked fun to me. :)

3. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I wish I could have gone this year. Sigh. Though I'm trying to see if my school could get me in for free next year.

4. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I haven't applied for any of the conferences yet; I just got in to the actual Expo free (and three hours before everyone else, with the rest of the press). So I may end up watching the event online.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

;) Damn can you smuggle me in your luggage :p :D

Have a good un!

6. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

7. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Los Angeles, May 9th-12th.

8. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

i was this close to going this year, but theres a workshop in montreal which i also wanted to go to, and in the end i chose that over E3. (can't afford both!)

i've got the 3 days off though, and im staying indoors, downloading all the videos and images i can get my greesey hands on!!
    junk food, revolution videos, info, great times had by all!! : ]

peace

9. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

What do you guys think... do u think the Revolution will be released at E3 or later?

10. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

umm... released... as in released?!
    or "shown"?
    your post confuses me...

there's no way the revolution will be released around E3, if we get it before november we'll be very lucky indeed. i'm just hoping it comes out in the UK before christmas!

peace

11. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Yeah, I meant released, not shown... I read somewhere it might be released at E3.. I guess I'm mistaken... oh well... just more time for me to wait. I wish it was out today. :D

12. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

I went to E3 last year, it was sweet... except for the crowds, lack of freebies at the Blizzard booth, and half-naked women. Well, that last one is okay, I just feel so manipulated when the game companies do that... :mad:

I signed the petition for no game girls. Like that's going to happen.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm going next year :(

... If I was born a year earlier I could be going this year. damn parents. It's not like next years will be anything to get excited about. I'd say "oh well, the crappy launch game period is over lets get to the meat of it!" but Smash Bros Rev and Metroid Prime 3 are all coming out so I can't complain...

14. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Gah! It isn't fair.

Yeah, you'd think being a student at DigiPen would allow you to be able to go in free, but apparently not... at least not this year. I talked to whoever I could and they all told me that they've made phone calls and got nowhere.

Now, I can still go, as long as I pay $400 (US Dollars) or something. But I have decided that it would be in my best interest to use that money to go towards buying a Revolution and PS3. When I think about it, I would rather spend that money owning the consoles instead of having to wait in lines and only playing them for a couple of minutes.

Still, I wish I could go. Lucky Praxis!!! :mad: :p :)

Promise us you'll let us know of your experiences with Revolution, PS3, and their share of playable games.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Damn i want to go..this is the one you must go to....the one with new consoles being showed and played(i hope)

Bless

16. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It can't be; they have to give stores sufficient notice beforehand so they can start taking preorders and stuff. Unless the preorders start, like, now.

But of course! :)

For those wondering how I got in, I registered as Press as a writer for NintendoPlayers.

17. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

You coming back with any pictures for us? :)

Lucky

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I can get in through my block at university being next to the software engineering part. That and we have game designers in several lectures.

19. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Good call. The E3 experience isn't worth $400.

20. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Playing the Revolution and PS3 early is though ;)

We're going to buy a digital video camera before I go, so I'll come back with footage :D

21. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

I'm going! I can see Downtown LA from my backyard, so I'm fortunate that it's nearby. LA traffic is horrible!

22. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

23. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Can't wait!

24. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

25. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://www.e3expo.com/

Deadline is April 13th.

You can't get in unless you are Press or part of the industry. It's an industry trade show.