Who's going to the Ashes??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chundles, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I'm going to the Ashes!!!

Got my tickets this morning, no thinks to me however. I was 10th in line 2 hours before they went on sale and because the sellers were slow old ladies and some guy was trying to buy tickets to games that weren't being sold this morning, the second I hit the front of the line the system went down.

My mobile buzzed into life and a message from my mate said he'd managed to secure tickets to day 2 in one of the stands. Everybody else in front of me were getting stuck down in the awful "No Alcohol" zone. Ergh, a day at the cricket's no good unless you're three sheets to the wind and have a sombrero and a giant foam finger that with a bit of fiddling you can make into a rude gesture to wave at the Barmy Army.

YAY!!

2. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

LOL.... from the title of the thread i though you were talking about creamation after death! :D and i was going to chime in and say mee too!

cook me up and toss me in the ocean !

Edit: this was my 500th post! Yayyy.... now to figure out if i want to put a tar up....

what do you think chundles??? didnt mean to hijack or anything but i really did think the thread was going to be about cremation...

3. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Chundles, I am so jealous of you. So, so jealous.

I just hope that England manage to put up enough of a show to make it a decent series.

And loving the Bill Lawry in your sig.

4. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

The PMs XI gave the poms a bit of a shellacking today in Canberra. Knocked up 347 against them and last time I checked the Poms were 6-18something.

I really hope it's a tight, tough series like the last one in England was, much as I'm looking forward to the Sydney test, it's the last test and I'd really like for it to not be a dead rubber.

But if it is I want it to be 4-0 to the Aussies so I can get my heckle on and keep the Barmy Army quiet. :D

5. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

ok...American here. Please clarify: The Ashes? :confused:

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Cricket: England vs Australia