Whos gonna be playing WoW

Discussion in 'Games' started by AoWolf, Oct 23, 2004.

1. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Well it looks like wow is gonna being come out late this november and the beta will be in a few days.So do you plan on getting it and if so what class/race do you plan to be. I plan on being a NE warrior.

2. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

I'll be playing it; I already am.

I don't think that it will be released in late Nov. though. I just don't see VU Games releasing Half Life 2 then a week later turn around and release WoW. Possible but improbable.

Also, we're awaiting at least one more patch before open beta as we still need to test Paladin and Hunter talent lines.

My guess is patch next week; open beta a week after it's release; and probably a retail launch at least in Jan. '05.

3. iZzle macrumors member

I will be playing it! AoW, I'm gonna be a NE Druid nd my friend will be a NE Hunter. Maybe we can group some time. Well, at the local EB Games it's supposedly out on Nov. 3.

4. KrysBaz macrumors member

I'll be playing once the full version is out, hopefully before Christmas, but I can wait. (Just) :D

5. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

that's way off, shame on your local EB. the earliest will be nov. 15th, but i seriously think it will be delayed.

tauren druid right here baby. HORDE!.

6. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

open beta will most likely be out before Paladin talent lines are released and Hunter lines are tested. Paladin's really need the most work.

Open beta will most likely open this week, for registration at least. it was supposed to open last week, but you know blizzard and sticking to schedules.

as for a jan. release date, highly unlikely as Blizzard has quoted all retail stores on a Nov. 15th release date. local stores already have boxes containing the pre-order books. remember this game is a constant work in progress and will change drastically from retail, so blizzard can release it unfinished, i know i'll pay.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Maybe. I've never played role playing games like that, but I love the warcraft universe so much that I might try it. The monthly fee is a real turn off though. I'd so much rather pay more up front and then not have to worry about a charge every month.

8. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

Just a little FYI... Half Life 2 ships on Nov. 15th. There is no way VU, who publishes both games, is going to nerf sales by releasing both titles on the same day. It's like releasing two top movies on the same weekend; it's just not smart business.

The game is NOT ready at this point. Maybe there is an internal build that is GM ready and already being duplicated because that would need to occur in order to get REAL boxes on the shelf by Nov. 15th. Again, not happening.

The pre-order boxes have been around since Sept with the free novels; nothing new there. Sorry to disappoint everyone but they really aren't ready. Heck, the servers have been acting up the last two weeks so this is probably the cause for the open beta delay.

Even though the world of MMOs always change they must release a stable retail build in order to generate the most valuable assest required for a successful MMO: monthly subscribers.

9. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

ya but if i gave a crap about half-life 2 i wouldn't own a mac.

o and chrono if you ever get bored and want to share your beta account with me, i'd be forever in your debt. man that stress test was like fn crack...must have my fix now.

please chrono, seriously, i love you man ;) heh. SHARE THE LOVE.

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

It wont be out until mid january or the start of february

11. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

leave it to blizzard to never meet a deadline...they never have.

whatever happened to starcraft: ghost? i'm assuming it got shelved...pity.

12. risc macrumors 68030

risc

This game looks so good (I haven't played the beta) I'll wait as long as it takes to get my copy!

13. AoWolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Well what area will you guys be in I am gonna be on Us east but. Once we get a solid release date I will post and look for a team. The blizzard GMs on the forums said that it will be out before Christmas in response to the second post.

14. iZzle macrumors member

We'll probably play on US East (If there is a south server we still wont be on it bc nobody is on any south servers in games i've played) :D

15. iZzle macrumors member

I concur. :D