Who's gonna win the race?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by princealfie, Feb 2, 2007.

?

Who's gonna win the race- Zune Phone or iPhone?

1. iPhone

35 vote(s)
    85.4%
  2. Zune Phone

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

2. shecky Guest

shecky

apple will win for cool, but there are a lot more PC users than Mac users and depending on how the zunephone syncs with MS apps (outlook, etc..) it might be closer than we want to think.

note: i do not use windows mobile stuff so i do not really know how this works now, or would work in the future.

3. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

veeery interesting question.

haven't had a chance to try one of them out yet.

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Well there may be a lot of windows users out there who would buy a mobile pc version over an OS X driven device, you can also point to the success or lack thereof of the Zune player as an indication. Apple has been making iPod for over 5 years while MS has only been at it for less than a year. They still have a lot to learn. A lot of people may continue to buy iPaqs or Samsungs or other phones that run Pocket PC/Windows Mobile before they buy a Zune. MS doesn't have a track record of producing hardware other than the xbox. And their track record with software is going in the wrong direction (fine by me).

As for a race, anyone who buys MS ends up on the losing side. Regardless of market share.

p.s. we all like to talk about market share and switchers, but I for one don't really want to see Apple's market share get too too large. It just opens it up for more idiots. And while not trying to be a snob, I think that Macs should be used by those who will appreciate them, like them, etc. Not everyone. I recommend Macs to friends but I unless MS kills itself and OS X becomes the only thing out there in 10 years, I am fine with a less then 20-25% niche group.

5. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Why does everything have to be a race? People are different and there is room in every field for multiple products to cater to them.

That said, the Zune phone is in the great Microsoft tradition of suffocating competition by announcing the pending release of a product with much better features. Most of these announcements are FUD. Some eventually lead to products which are adequate by version 3. Unless Microsoft can find a way to bundle a Zune phone into the mandatory PC Windows tax, the tactic won't work. It isn't 1990 anymore.

There will be plenty of time to argue about the Zune phone and the iPhone when somebody actually owns one.

6. princealfie thread starter macrumors 68030

princealfie

But isn't the point to have Apple win? So it's a race of sorts here.
    Of course, I still am curious what the Zune Phone will look like.

7. calculus Guest

calculus

I don't think about it that way at all. I want Apple to do well enough to keep in business and to continue making the sort of products that I want to use. What Microsoft do is of no interest to me whatsover.

8. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

what i have read so far about the zune, it is not even a "finished" product yet. just a boring piece of tech.

how can ms announce a "zune phone"?

is ms struggling for attention or what?

i'm really looking forward to get my hands on an iphone.

never held a zune nor an iphone in my hands, but what i've read so far, the iphone seems to be a way more interesting piece of tech.

but i don't care who "wins", so far ms has already won with their mobile OSs. but i still think apple is the way to go.

9. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

exactly my thoughts.

10. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

wp7