Who's Graduating College this year?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wwooden, May 12, 2006.

1. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    I'm sure there are many others here at MacRumors that are also graduating this year.

I am graduating from the University of Vermont with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Mathematics. We have a really great slogan here at our engineering school that states "Mechanical Engineering - the most B.S. for the money".

I am still looking for jobs after graduation, I want to stay in the area because of family and my gf, but it's hard because there are not many entry engineering jobs in the area.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I should end up with a degree in a couple of months but I'm coming back next year for another one. :eek:
  3. Lau Guest

I'm graduating this summer with a BA in graphic design. The work's assessed in a couple of weeks, but I don't technically graduate til July.

Having said that, there's a marking boycott from one of the staff unions, so I may not graduate for a while yet. :rolleyes: Fortunately, the bit of paper bit of a design degree is far less important than the portfolio, so I don't think not technically graduating is going to hinder looking for a job. I feel for the people doing more academic degrees though.

As for plans afterwards, I'm definitely looking for a job, I can't wait to get out there and start working. I'm looking for a job in a design agency, preferably doing print based work rather than screen based. I used to live in Edinburgh, and I'd really like to go back so that's ideally where I'm looking for a job, although Glasgow's quite appealing as well.
  4. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Jul 1, 2003
    Graduating December '06, which is still technically this year ;)

Getting a B.S. in Civil Engineering.

It's too bad I don't really give a damn about my major now. I'm not really sure what I want to do, considering I have no interest in it now. My parents still insist I take the E.I.T. "just in case", but I think that's utter BS as I already told them I don't give a damn.

Meh, well I'll have a degree in a technical area I guess.
  5. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'll graduate Uni (you live in a college while you go to Uni) sometime in July. I took a year off from one winter to the next which is why I'm graduating mid-year.

I'll have a BSc (Chemistry).

All you guys who have already posted, how are you getting BSc's in Engineering? I didn't think that was possible? An Engineering degree here is called a BE or a BEng. Probably because of the different systems I suppose.