Who's into sprint karts?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tobefirst, Mar 9, 2007.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I am absolutely obsessed with racing right now. This go kart place opened up in my city not too long ago, and I find myself wanting to go constantly. It is so much fun!

These aren't your typical go karts. They can move. I mean, you actually have to use the break and let go of the accelerator around turns. With a top speed of 45 miles per hour or so, and being just inches from the track, you really feel the speed.

This place is just amazingly fun. You get dressed up in a racing suit, a helmet, and everything, and go flying around these turns.

Who else has been to these tracks? Anyone else here feel the need for miniature speed? :)

My local track

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I did this once, it was a ton of fun. But other things have sucked up my money.

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I tried indoor cart once, didn't really like it, the floor was way too slippery.

Last year, "work" took us to drive F-2000s for a day. 4 speed non-sychros and at the end of the straight, I was doing just over 110mph before having to brake really hard and downshift like a madman. :cool:

Linky

4. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

how much does admission/membership cost to go there tobefirst?

5. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

They have a few different membership things. I have a year membership which includes a free race as a birthday gift and a couple other perks and is $25 per year. You can just get a one-day membership for $5, or spend up to $200 on a super top secret probation edition membership.

After that, it's $20 for a 16 lap race on the normal tracks. Lap times are in the low 20 seconds, so it goes by very quickly. It's not cheap by any stretch, but it is so much fun.

They have two classes of karts- regular ones, and then "turbo" karts that you have to qualify for. It's not too difficult to qualify, and the turbo races are intense.

6. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

looks pretty sweet but are they gas or electric?

7. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

They are electric, which is WONDERFUL.

8. VicRattlehead macrumors regular

i was there on the saturday the weekend they opened. they were still under construction. they are alot of fun. its a bit of a ride for me to get down there being im up in chicago but i have friends down there and we get together 2-3 times a year down there.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I went with my girlfriend when we were having some tense time. It really helped loosen things up. There's something about ramming her from behind again and again that's just so therapeutic.

10. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224