Windows Who's playing Rocksmith?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Darjeeling, Nov 18, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Anybody playing Rocksmith via Boot Camp?

#1: I've read it's a decent way to learn guitar: true or false?

#2: Any suggestions on how much storage to allocate to a Boot Camp partition containing Rocksmith + a modest slice of downloadable extras?

#3: Am I likely to experience technical or performance issues on an MBA 2011 or 2012?

2. macrumors 601

LagunaSol

I have Rocksmith for PS3. Yes, it's awesome. I've been trying to learn guitar for 20+ years. I just haven't found a way to keep me going. Rocksmith is changing that. It's very motivational and a blast to play. I highly recommend it.

I tried running the game in Windows via Parallels on my 2009 iMac and the input lag was too much. As soon as the new iMacs ship I will buy one and set up a Boot Camp partition and run Rocksmith natively in Windows from there. Bummer I'll have to reboot every time I want to play the "game."

I'll keep wishing for a native Mac version of Rocksmith and use the Windows & PS3 versions in the meantime.

Sorry I don't have answers to #2 and #3.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I took the plunge on your recommendation, LagunaSol -- bought a copy on Black Friday to go with the just-arrived refurb 2012 MBA i7.

Just getting started with the game, but so far so good. There's a small bit of audio lag with the guitar but nothing crazy. I don't notice it in the games but it is apparent in Soundcheck mode.

The install (Win 7 Home Premium, antivirus software, Steam, Rocksmith) is presently taking about 42 GB of my 60 GB BootCamp partition.