Who's sitting in their gardens/back yards right now?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by plinden, Apr 30, 2006.

1. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I am. It's the best day of the year so far in the Bay Area - sun shining, NO RAIN, probably low 20s (Celsius that is). Yesterday I mowed the lawn and weeded what passes for flower beds in my garden, the baby is napping, the wife is shopping with the older kid, and I can now relax for 30 minutes at least.

The only thing is bugging me (apart from the neighbour blasting out country music - I don't want to plug myself into my iPod since it's just too pleasant sitting out here listening to the birds, even with his crappy music playing) is I don't have a Mac laptop and have to use my Dell D810.

Edit: Of course, I don't have to use the Dell. I could just sit here with a book.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I just bought the second season of Six Feet Under and am watching that. I'd be outside, but I just put Rob on a plane to Texas, we don't have a balcony, and I wanna eat pizza and veg out. ;)

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Edit: while editing my post, I deleted the original thing I'd written. Damn sunshine! ;)

Anyway, on the deck, beautiful weather, lovin' wireless.
    Hopefully not because I accused him of breaking all of your Apple products! I have no real proof....

4. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Must be nice, hope ur enjoying it. Here in South beach its just way too hot to do that. Damn humidity. I'm thinking of going to go see "United 93" tonight..

5. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I'm indoors, watching The Devil's Advocate, because it's currently 93° here in Vegas. :D

6. Lau Guest

Humph. It's been really nice the last week or two, and I've been going around with no coat. But today it was much colder and it's raining now. Oh, and it's nearly 11pm. :p

7. Queso macrumors G4

Even if I had a backyard, it's dark and wet out now (same timezone as Lau).

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I took a walk down by the river, but we have smokers on the ground floor of my apartment building, and when they smoke it drifts to our balcony. And, they're smoking now.

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

We live on the fourth floor of an apartment building, so no garden for us – or balcony either. There is a park down below, but it's quarter-to-eleven at night, drizzling, cold and full of Bank Holiday revellers.

I'll stay inside with my missus and the Mac, thanks. :eek:

10. iRachel macrumors 6502a

I'd be on my balcony if it wasn't pouring rain :mad:

11. plinden thread starter macrumors 68040

plinden

Ah well, baby's awake. She's joined me outside, but she needs looking after.

At least I had 25 minutes anyway.

12. CompUser Guest

I haven't been outside yet this year with mr. powerbook. It nice though cause the WiFi at my house extends out to the deck and pool area.

However, the other day I was in my family room, sitting on the couch, listening to jack johnson. It was quite relaxing.

13. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I was outside today on a bike ride. Sunny and in the mid 60's... perfect.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Not me, i dont have a garden....i live in NYC...dirty capital.

Bless

15. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

go to the closest park, or get on the F train to Prospect Park.

i was out playing soccer today, beautiful day for it. then down the road for a few beers on the deck that this local bar/restaurant has. now i'm just trying to sober up, the combo of sun and beer is really affecting me haha.

jaydub, good to hear about the weather in Vegas, the wife and i are moving there at the end of summer, when it starts to get cooler there. wish i was by a pool right now...

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I went out to the park in Harlem today after church...real nice day today.

Bless

17. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

It really is beautiful right now, though I just had to crank on the AC for the first time this year.

Not sure how your timing for moving is, but know that it really doesn't begin to cool down here until october. Ahh the joys of the desert, but I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else -- I love it here.

18. noel4r macrumors 6502a

It's a perfect dayin Southern Cali too. It's 75 degress. I'm inside though, allergies are acting up...

19. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Finally got some needed rain, so it's been a lazy day. Although the rain just quit so I've been out with the binocs looking at birds. Cool, cloudy...just right!

20. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Yeah. I love wireless.

I also blast my SoundSticks (on the G4 iMac) inside but you can hear them wonderfully when on the deck.

21. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    damn, i just took a shower, and boy did i get burnt playing soccer today. ouch.

jaydub, yeah we're figuring september/october time, so it should be nice, just as it's starting to get chilly here in NY.

2nyRiggz...nice day up there, i like Harlem. would be nice to chill at the Cloisters right now

22. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I would love to. This weekend brought nothing but rain. Very depressing. I hate rain. I started raining Friday morning and it's been one long rain shower.

23. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

I'm sitting out on the patio right now. It's a balmy 72 degrees F and there isn't a cloud in the sky. :D

24. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

For the past week it's been nice and sunny (except for those occasional rainy days). Would be on my apartments balcony if it wasn't for my roommates bikes and the spider webs out there. Oh, and no wireless anymore since the school remodeled our apartment building and there are some tall trees blocking the sun at times.

Funny thing is I am still wearing a jacket. I think it will be a few more weeks of sun before I decide to go jacket less.

Yesterday was just pouring rain. Today, SUN.

25. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Seriously, not a cloud in the sky. If I had one complaint, it would be that our pool's solar heaters haven't been replaced yet. :D