Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macinhand

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
Cheshire, UK
Mine has!

I run eneloops in both my wireless keyboard and trackpad and the keyboard lasts 4-5 times longer than the trackpad.

Personally I don't think the trackpad goes to sleep or low power state when it is not in use.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Cheers, think I will :)

Order a kit that comes with eight batteries and the 4 battery wall charger. Label the batteries 1 through 8 with a permanent marker pen.

Keep four in the charger topped off and rotate them as necessary. You will save money in the long run, Eneloops are good for hundreds of recharges.

Changing batteries is painless, and takes less than 30 seconds.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Order a kit that comes with eight batteries and the 4 battery wall charger. Label the batteries 1 through 8 with a permanent marker pen.

Keep four in the charger topped off and rotate them as necessary. You will save money in the long run, Eneloops are good for hundreds of recharges.

+1 and it's 1000 cycles ;)

WrrN

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
I received my iMac 12/21/12. Am using Apples rechargeables and the trackpad still has 31% left. I use my computer extensively for work so I'm actually impressed at how long they've held up.

What's interesting is that my keyboard has 60% remaining. I wonder how accurate those readings are.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster

Super bit of advice, thanks!

BigRedOne

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2007
Been using the same 4 eneloops for the past 2.5 years and they keep giving the power up keeping my mouse going. Their still very strong and have not noticed any ill effects on the batteries in all that time.

Good advise, get the eneloops and a nice, but inexpensive charger and your good to go for a very long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.