Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Hey...is anyone going to wait for the 3ghz to come out in 12 months.

I am, cause I have a DP G4 1ghz, so I dont really need to upgrade right now cause everything works fine.

So I'm thinking to waiting for a DP 3ghz. or maybe..I can get a DP 2ghz by then..cause it'd be cheaper.

...its just the waiting part i hate.

evil

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
chicago ex-toronto
yeah it looks like im gonna be waiting too.
i cant afford to pick up a new G5 plus a display. so i think im gonna pick up an imac to hold me over until about a year or a bit more then worry about getting somethnign more powerful.

Mehmet

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2003
Im waiting for rev 2 g5's, this way all the probs will be worked out and a dualie would definetly be cheaper (plus maybe new displays by then :))

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I'll be getting something soon, by the end of the year hopefully. My 400MHz G3 upgrade is really starting to show it's age.

Like others I hesitate with the first revision G5 so I may wait on the PowerMac. If the the next iMac release gets a decent speed bump, I'll probablly get one and pass it on to the kids in a year or so. Then again, I hate to drop a wad of cash on a G4 now that the G5 is here...I'm so confused.... aaahhhh.

daveg5

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2001
can wait, dont need that much power but its cool

a dual g4 or g5 by march and a lcd to complement my 21" sony trinitron which i love and will keep an ipod and isight and digital camera

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....next April or May is my upgrade timeframe. I figure that is probably when the dual 2.5ghz G5's announced at MWSF in January will be shipping......oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.