Whose waiting?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iEric, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. macrumors 6502a

    Jun 26, 2003
    Hey...is anyone going to wait for the 3ghz to come out in 12 months.

    I am, cause I have a DP G4 1ghz, so I dont really need to upgrade right now cause everything works fine.

    So I'm thinking to waiting for a DP 3ghz. or maybe..I can get a DP 2ghz by then..cause it'd be cheaper.

    ...its just the waiting part i hate.
  2. macrumors 6502

    May 2, 2003
    chicago ex-toronto
    yeah it looks like im gonna be waiting too.
    i cant afford to pick up a new G5 plus a display. so i think im gonna pick up an imac to hold me over until about a year or a bit more then worry about getting somethnign more powerful.
  3. macrumors member

    Jun 21, 2003
    Im waiting for rev 2 g5's, this way all the probs will be worked out and a dualie would definetly be cheaper (plus maybe new displays by then :))
  4. macrumors 6502a


    Aug 11, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    I'll be getting something soon, by the end of the year hopefully. My 400MHz G3 upgrade is really starting to show it's age.

    Like others I hesitate with the first revision G5 so I may wait on the PowerMac. If the the next iMac release gets a decent speed bump, I'll probablly get one and pass it on to the kids in a year or so. Then again, I hate to drop a wad of cash on a G4 now that the G5 is here...I'm so confused.... aaahhhh.
  5. macrumors 6502a

    Nov 28, 2001
    can wait, dont need that much power but its cool

    a dual g4 or g5 by march and a lcd to complement my 21" sony trinitron which i love and will keep an ipod and isight and digital camera
  6. macrumors 68030


    Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....next April or May is my upgrade timeframe. I figure that is probably when the dual 2.5ghz G5's announced at MWSF in January will be shipping......oh yeah!

Share This Page