Wht to expect from Tiger!!??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by gangst, Mar 29, 2005.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I know theres plenty to look forward to in Tiger like Spotlight, Dashboard, Automator, Core Image/ Video e.t.c, but do you reckon there will be any nifty surprises like a new GUI to replace Aqua or any really amzing OS advances.

Anyone forsee something revolutionary?

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

The feature set has been frozen for months. It's rather difficult to just pop in "amazing OS advances" at the end of a multi-year development cycle. The more "revolutionary" the feature is, the more testing it requires.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I don't like posters who misspell thread headlines. :mad:

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I don't like posters who don't search.

5. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I would think that the basics (like GUI) will stay the same, maybe a few adjustments but they will try to keep everything balanced

6. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I don't like posters who regularly post without a shred of useful information.

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

There won't be any surprises, but Spotlight is about as revolutionary as features get without the operating system being rewritten.

8. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

tough luck

9. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

That's a rather lame reply. I didn't quote you, I quoted Lacero. I was responding to his comment about your thread title; it had nothing to do with you. Doesn't any read before posting?

10. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

Let's get back on track please....

Anyway, I'm sure that Apple has fine tuned the Finder to be a lot faster than 10.3 and the interface looks a lot more refined and streamlined. The biggest thing that I'm excited about is Xcode 2. I'm a developer and I love Apple's free developer tool set. It's easy to use, has all of the features I could ask for.

Other things I look forward too are better graphics for gaming, hopefully new video carrd drivers, and smoother iApp integration. I can't wait!!!

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I doubt that Apple will release anything revolutionary, that hasn't already been discussed. We should expect a much improved OS, hopefully one that will not cause any major compatibility issues.

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

With the way Apple touts Spotlight technology, they believe it will revolutionize how we interact with our computers. I feel different. It takes discipline to organize your data and I've had no trouble finding what I needed. Searching definitely helps when you are access information across networks however.

13. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

I'm very exited about spotlight - having just become a quicksilver addict. It just makes it so much easier living with mess. And also the automater could change the way I use my computer a lot I think. Some of the other features seem less impressive, the dashboard for instance.
    I don't know very much about the finer details of GUI's and stuff, but I'm very curious on how different the general feeling using my computer will be.

A