Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Isnt the use of both (smartphone & tablet) well combined on the 6Splus?
It may work for others. But not in my situation.

Take a look at my set up. In my situation there would be no way I could glance over while going 45mph down a city street with traffic and determine streets and landmarks while still maintaining control of my vehicle if I was using my iPhone - even though it's a 6s+ - which is why I use my iPad Air 2 in this situation.

12030414_1171244909559193_926183210285147762_o.jpg

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I would like to know in what way having an iphone and ipad is better than just having a 6Splus!

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
It may work for others. But not in my situation.

Take a look at my set up. In my situation there would be no way I could glance over while going 45mph down a city street with traffic and determine streets and landmarks while still maintaining control of my vehicle if I was using my iPhone - even though it's a 6s+ - which is why I use my iPad Air 2 in this situation.

View attachment 640905

Agree! Oh and nice setup! Most cars coming out these days include a touchscreen infotainment system that is at least 7in. From a viewing and usability standpoint, I believe that 7in or higher is ideal. Basically an iPad Mini and up.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Agree! Oh and nice setup! Most cars coming out these days include a touchscreen infotainment system that is at least 7in. From a viewing and usability standpoint, I believe that 7in or higher is ideal. Basically an iPad Mini and up.
Thanks!

Yeah, we have that in our newer car, a 2012 Sentra. But it's in dash so it's easy to scan and use while driving without endangering anyone.

Reactions: Black Magic

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
OP, have you considered stepping out of the house and heading to a store to play with the two phones yourself? Perhaps going to a website like Apple that provides all of the comparisons of the devices? Maybe thinking these things through yourself and coming up with some common sense conclusions? No offense but these are some rather entry level questions on two devices that given the sizes, have been around almost two years.

Reactions: Shirasaki

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
The OIS in the 6S+ camera did it for me. I mainly use my phone as my go-to point-and-shoot camera and OIS was enough to convince me over.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
If there's one "do everything" iOS device, it's the 6s Plus.
This is pretty much it for me. I do most of my regular stuff such as emails and web surfing on the iPhone and I love having the bigger screen. I guess I also take the battery life for granted as I never even think about it. I can easily go 2 days during the week when it gets medium use and a full day/night on the weekends when it use it much more.

I do go to the iPad Pro for more work related use like presentations and taking notes.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Although the Plus does have more advantages, looking it as a phone, it is pretty huge! Its inconvenient to put it in your pocket or even hold it when going out for a drink!

Last edited:

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Although the Plus does have more advantages, looking it as a phone, it is pretty huge! Its inconvenient to put it in your pocket or even hold it when going out for a drink!
Hehe. This is too funny. To each his/her own. Some like a small phone and others like the larger phone - same as with cars.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

My iPhone 6+ fits into the front left pocket of every single pair of my pants and shorts. I can use it one handed in most situations. If I'm out drinking I don't use my phone much unless I'm not enjoying the company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.