why am I burning Packet Media?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cdutkiewicz79, Jul 18, 2004.

1. cdutkiewicz79 macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2004
    I Have been trying to burn a cd of songs I have assembled on Itunes. After the computer is finished burning the Cd is names it "Packet Media 2" and no files can be read on the cd, however something has been burned onto it. I tried clearing my prefrences and made sure audio cd was selected but that didn't help. I don't know what Packet media is and I can't figure out how to burn a regular music cd. Does anyone know how to help me. :confused:
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I'm going to sleep soon, but to help others diagnose this, could you please answer some diagnostic questions?

What system are you using? Computer? Optical drive type?

Which version of OS X and iTunes?

How do you try to burn the CD?

I assume you create a playlist, select it, click the "Burn Disc" icon, wait for it to burn, and then see the problems you describe. True?

Sounds weird. You've deleted the iTunes prefs, you say? Odd. Have you tried reducing the burn speed via iTunes prefs, and have you verified that the rated speed of the media you're using is matched to your optical drive?