Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I get the message below whenever I play a song/album I purchased from iTunes but isn't on Apple Music.

2u55eo5.jpg

Of course it still allows me to play this stuff but I shouldn't be getting that message at all. My Music is NOT the same as Apple Music. And if it's music I purchased why do I care whether it's available on Apple Music or not? One of the worst things Apple did was to integrate Apple Music with the main Music app. And then iTunes is no where to be found so if you want to buy something you're listening to you have to go to the iTunes app to do so. Why didn't Apple integrate Apple Music with iTunes instead?

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
First of all, Apple doesn't decide what's streamable and what isn't, or what countries can and which cannot, the record companies do. So you should complain to them.

Second, Apple is very clear that iTunes Match songs, and your own synced songs stored locally do not have drm on them. Songs downloaded via Apple Music, if you don't also have Match, do have drm on them.

So to remove this issue, either pay for iTunes Match, or load the songs on your phone via iTunes on the desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.