Why am I seeing QT logo as thumbnail?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 30, 2006.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Is it possible to see a snapshot from the video itself instead of the Quick time logo when browsing in finder? That wud make it look much better. I am not sure but I suppose I do remember someone was using an ibook and he cud see thumnails of videos instead of QT logos. PLease tell me if it possible?

2. The Void macrumors regular

The Void

If you've got QT Pro, you can do it this way:

Move both the in and out arrows to the frame you want to use. Hit Apple-C. Open the Get Info window in the finder. Click on the icon so it has a blue halo. Hit Apple-V.

Of course you'll have to do it individually for each file. I don't know if it's possible to get this to work automatically.

For Mov files, View> Set poster frame will set the frame that the preview in column view shows you, btw.

The Void
    Longing for the new Neko Case LP

3. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I would suggest Column View--that's probably what you saw before--but it only shows a preview for one movie at a time, I realize.

4. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

It doesnt work. I have QT pro. But i can not copy a frame as you`ve mentioned.

5. The Void macrumors regular

The Void

I just checked - it seems to work with movs, avis, wmvs, and mp4s, but not mpgs. Were you using an mpg?

6. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Yes. you are right. Wudnt work with mpg for some reason. but still there`s got to be a better way of doing this. I have a lot of downloaded videos and the list keeps on growing every day. Aint there any application similar to finder which can help. Some thing like FIle explorer for windows.

Also I miss the tree like view of explorer. Finder does a very poor job. Column view too doesnt help much. Finder is the only item that I feel is inferior to it`s windows counterpart. I m not totally against it but it misses on some very important issues.