Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muratime

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Dubai
There's choice in the market... There are other companies... No one is stopping you...

I want Honda Accord like size on my BMW 3 series... Will I get them...? No... So. I live with the space of my BMW... Though they are almost the same price... Because the bimmer is far superior for what I want my car for...

----------

I'm actually regretting replying to this thread... Extremely moronic questions and answers here....

That's what I am taking about, holding same phone with people like this make me think to consider to buy Apple again, they even start to insult you or your question with no reason, as if somebody questioned their religion. Everypart of world every kind of subject such people exists. Zero knowledge and they think they know everthing.

BMW serves to their customer with all sizes. There is even 1 series. Series differ by their sizes and under same size (series) they differ with their accesories and engines. So your example is worst for comparing mobile phone industry. There are different 3 series even. But we know all you will buy highest engine that you can effort as you like show off as well.
Maybe you can give example of Ferrari vs Toyota Yaris. However this fails as well since there is no such big difference between Apple and Android phones.

So if you read this thread, you will see the reason. It is not Apple doesn't want, it is simply they are not ready. Some even thinks they are stubburn. Some said even if there is demand they would do. Other said there is high demand. But they will do next year. 90% here agrees big size is coming, sooner or later. So what you defend is nonesense.

Any company thinks like your attitude, which tells their own customer, go buy another brand, is a shame.

Jimrobo

macrumors member
May 12, 2012
I was pretty much the biggest apple fan ever but after 5 mins with my friends note 2 and a lacklustre iphone announcement this year I have been lured into the z1. With the slew of massively specced android devices being released in the next few months apple is definitely going to feel the heat this year.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
All I want is a much better battery. Not this 10% increase crapola!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
That's what I am taking about, holding same phone with people like this make me think to consider to buy Apple again, they even start to insult you or your question with no reason, as if somebody questioned their religion. Everypart of world every kind of subject such people exists. Zero knowledge and they think they know everthing.

BMW serves to their customer with all sizes. There is even 1 series. Series differ by their sizes and under same size (series) they differ with their accesories and engines. So your example is worst for comparing mobile phone industry. There are different 3 series even. But we know all you will buy highest engine that you can effort as you like show off as well.
Maybe you can give example of Ferrari vs Toyota Yaris. However this fails as well since there is no such big difference between Apple and Android phones.

So if you read this thread, you will see the reason. It is not Apple doesn't want, it is simply they are not ready. Some even thinks they are stubburn. Some said even if there is demand they would do. Other said there is high demand. But they will do next year. 90% here agrees big size is coming, sooner or later. So what you defend is nonesense.

Any company thinks like your attitude, which tells their own customer, go buy another brand, is a shame.

*facepalm*

I want the BMW 1 series with the V12 super charged engine... Many customers want C'mon BMW you cant tell me to **** off.. You have to give it to me...!!! C'mon don't be a shameful company...!!!!

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Get ready, the day 4s is discontinues, most probably next year, you will be neglected too by Apple most probably.
By next year the 4S will be a three year old device. I think 3 years support is a decent length of time for a manufacturer, especially as most people tend to upgrade every 2 years if on contract. I am sure the 4S will be supported until year 4 as the iPhone 4 is heading that way.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
No one knows for certain but there's plenty of speculation in existing threads if that's what you're after. You'd have to ask Apple but it's obviously not a priority at this point in time for whatever reason(s).

I checked all internet, I couldn't find any official announcment why Apple ignores an OBVIOUS DEMAND from its users?
Such a blind attitude is that?
Try looking at history. Since when does Apple operate based on polling its user base?

Additionally, "obvious" really doesn't mean anything even if you type it in all caps. Quantify the demand. How many total users are demanding this? How many are defecting due to the lack of the screen size they desire? What's the financial impact? Every discussion on this matter is based on anecdotal evidence (and yes, "me and my friends" and "what I read on the internet" is still just anecdotal) which means nothing as far as whether or not such an option should be made available for a mass produced product.

maybe it is told, but I checked all forum titles, nobody is asking the obvious obviously...
I'm not sure you understand what obvious means. Plenty are asking this. It's a very common topic here.

Last edited:

gCloud

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
United Federation of Planets
my apologizes, maybe i misunderstand..

You say:i respectfully tell you that apple does not and cannot care about your demand.

You are respectfully saying the irrespectful thing

is there any research, how many people out there demandign bigger screen from apple?

But your explanations about protecting their investment and others are more technical problems..

Anyway, i am sorry, maybe i shall not even open the subject here..
This is forbidden area i think.. It is kind of religion here, they know everything better anyway and no need to explain us..

History is full of failures who thought like above..

Have good weekend,
seriously i wil not ignore your writings, i appreciate.. Thanks a lot..

هدًّئ أعصابك op الدنيا ما تسوى :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Well, I, for one, will be disappointed if Apple came out with a larger phone. The 5/5S/5C barely fits in my pocket. Any larger, and I might as well just ditch the iPhone and just carry around an iPad mini!

Of course, if alongside the larger iPhone they also made a smaller model with the exact same specs other than the screen size, then I'll be happy. But does any company ever do that?

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
It's pretty simple, its an s cycle which means Apple doesn't have to make a new design and can milk the old design for another year.

Also it would be foolish to release an iPhone 5 with a 4-inch screen and next year release a new iPhone with an even larger display.

----------

Well, I, for one, will be disappointed if Apple came out with a larger phone. The 5/5S/5C barely fits in my pocket. Any larger, and I might as well just ditch the iPhone and just carry around an iPad mini!

Get bigger pockets.

Or know the size difference between an iPhone and an iPad Mini.

:rolleyes:

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
They have made a mistake. I don't care who says otherwise. There is a strong demand for a larger screened iPhone. I'm confident they'll release it next fall.

A larger screen makes a world of difference. I ditched my iPhone 5 for my S4. Other than the camera, I'm much happier on every front.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
Because apple is keeping the " bigger screen " for the 6 gen and the 128gb storage option. For me the iphone 5 screen size is enough, I like my phone to be portable.

AppleMrHan

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
I am thinking they are trying not to hurt themselves.

Once you build 5" and over iPhones, their iPad mini sales will suffer.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Another thread where the OP knows the answers to all their questions.

Why would anyone here know specific, internal reasons as to why Apple has not increased the size of the iPhone screen again? It's all speculation and "i want this, and i want that, so do other people!"

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
As many have predicted, i agree that the iPhone 6 is likely to be larger. Or there will be a iPhone 6L or something.

There is a market for phablets

Would never expect Apple to lead on that though.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Note 3 + iphone 5s for me.

Using a galaxy s4 or even a nokia 9xx next to the iPhone, the larger screen makes a huge difference. The stylus pen on the Note is also awesome.

The other reason that apple sticks with these small screen sizes is that they assume that everyone uses one hand to operate their phone.

Keen in mind that I have a note 2 + iphone 5 + Nokia 925 here, so hardly some fanboy.

Last edited:

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
[/COLOR]
Get bigger pockets.

Or know the size difference between an iPhone and an iPad Mini.

:rolleyes:

Not sure if you're joking or serious, but in case you are serious, nope, not getting a complete new wardrobe just so I can carry a phone. And yes, an iPad mini is obviously bigger than an iPhone, but an iPhone larger than the current one won't fit in my pockets, meaning I'll have to keep it in a bag, and if I'm carrying a bag, then I prefer to take a mini, because the bigger screen makes it easier to use.

Or to put it the other way around, the only reason I have an iPhone is because it fits in my pocket. I'm hard of hearing, so I don't use the phone function. If Apple comes out with an iPhone that doesn't fit in my pocket, I have no reason to buy one.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
good for you.. but me and maybe millions more demands to use a bigger screen iphone..

millions more? Let's see some actual statistics. Otherwise don't make ridiculous claims and stick with "me, a few people I know, and a bunch of whiny anonymous online forum users"

oaktree

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
I would think that Apple has...and is doing market research to determine what sells. Isn't that why they developed the 5c? It was my understanding that they wanted to make inroads into the Chinese and other Asian markets, and that colorful phones were in high demand there.

The people on this site that are "demanding" a larger screen are a small percent of the Apple customers. They may just be willing to lose those customers to stay true to their business goals.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
But a fingerprint scanner? That would be pretty low on most people's list of stuff they would have liked to be upgraded on the new iPhone.

Apple got an earful from several governments over stolen iPhones and made a point during their presentation that half of devices are never locked. Maybe Im missing something, but I judged the point of this new tech as making good security so easy, most would want to use it. Then maybe thieves wouldn't bother to target apple customers so directly (think herd immunity). And I'm pretty sure most people like not getting robbed.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
By next year the 4S will be a three year old device. I think 3 years support is a decent length of time for a manufacturer, especially as most people tend to upgrade every 2 years if on contract. I am sure the 4S will be supported until year 4 as the iPhone 4 is heading that way.

That he's talking about is that a 3.5" screen option might not be longer be available in the Apple lineup.

----------

Apple got an earful from several governments over stolen iPhones and made a point during their presentation that half of devices are never locked. Maybe Im missing something, but I judged the point of this new tech as making good security so easy, most would want to use it. Then maybe thieves wouldn't bother to target apple customers so directly (think herd immunity). And I'm pretty sure most people like not getting robbed.

The finger print lock is only going to protect your data on the phone, as soon as a thief has the phone he will just DFU restore it.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
They dont do this because they can drag out their product launches and maximize profit. They can sell 4 inch phones for a few years and then when things are flat they can come out with a bigger phone and itll seem like a whole new product.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
They dont do this because they can drag out their product launches and maximize profit. They can sell 4 inch phones for a few years and then when things are flat they can come out with a bigger phone and itll seem like a whole new product.

Apple are masters at updating their products just enough each time to get people to upgrade but still leaving themselves somewhere to go a year down the line. And then you got the purposefully leaving out features on the older phones to make the newer phones seem more attractive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.