Why Apple should keep a closer eye on prolific iPhone develo...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 11, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors member

Nov 9, 2005
    There are lots of apps (and tv series, etc) with fake reviews in the AppStore, and we know it because of the shameless endorsements and straight 5-star ratings. :mad:

But now that Apple is beginning to tackle the problem, the sophistication is only going to go up, and we won't be able to tell an actual review from a fake! :eek:

One thing Apple could do is to allow for the established reviewers, that have their reputations at stake, like AppVee, 148Apps, TouchArcade, etc to have a space on top of the anonymous reviews, where they could post a star rating along with their logo, optionally linking to their sites when the app deserves a more in-depth review. They could even be allowed access to pre-release apps during the approval process. ;)

This practice is fraud, plain and simple. Lets hope Apple gives us something more dependable before this becomes a scandal. :p

If you like the idea of giving established reviewers a space in the AppStore, say YES. :D

Note: I am in no way associated with any of the "established reviewers" I mentioned, or with any other one ftm. My only interest is as a consumer.