Why Apple won't make a less than 4Gb iPod

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by oldschool, Jan 9, 2004.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Apple won't make an iPod that's less than 4gb in my opinion. The reason for this is that iTunes' default setup is to copy all songs to an iPod.

If one were to have say a 2Gb iPod, they would have to go through and manually select songs from their music library (taking for granted that most people would have libraries bigger than at least 2Gb).

What apple should do is make it easier to select whole albums for transfer, or to create two separate libraries one that transfers by default to the ipod, and have the option of importing to either of these libraries when ripping a cd.

2. ShadowHunter macrumors regular

Re: Why Apple won't make a less than 4Gb iPod

It's not very hard to do that now. Just select to sync by playlist on iPod options, search by album or artist in the library, make a new playlist. Bam-o, done.

iTunes is so simple, yet extremely flexible and powerful. It's not hard to specify iPod syncronization in any way you can think of, for example.

Off-topic: thank God for Apple. WMP sucks for this, and I never found another player that did it quite like the iTunes has for me. I had just given up on having my music digitally before iTunes.