Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
i've been looking at the stats and it seems like the whole team has gone down. in addition to that i've checked other teams above us and their stats have gone down as well. i think something is up with stanford's servers again...

if someone could shed some light on this situation that would be cool

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
hm, maybe the following problem is due to the server issues:
[02:16:29] + Attempting to send results
[02:17:44] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[02:17:44] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[02:17:44] - Error: Could not transmit unit 09 (completed November 13). Keeping unit in queue.

thing is, it happened right after i tried to change teams (for 2 CPUs) by updating the client.cfg file. the .cfg file is inexplicably back to 3446, but no dice on the upload. guess i'll wait it out, 'less someone knows i did something inadvisable.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Rower_CPU said:
Yes. Trying to change teams. :eek: :p
well, you know me -- i just got tired of being the #1 MR folder :)

the units have uploaded, so it seems that
1. the problem did lie w/ the stanford servers
2. at least some of those server problems have been resolved

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Sure 'the server is down'. The Folding server is generally down, but how about our team only, why don't we look at ourselves:

Team Recruiting = Nonexistent. (0 new members in last 7 days. 0
Compare that to Mac OS X: 16)

Team Banner = Yeah, I noticed that everywhere.
Why the hell did we never get that to work?
A: We never allowed images in signature for no apparent reason, people need to move into the new age, more people have high-speed modems, and 56k gets faster, we can handle a bunch of images in out signature. We can help awareness, for example I never go into the Daily Tunes area. I went twice into the buyers guide

Team Motivation:
Yeah, less then (my estimates) 1/200 of the team checks this forum... weekly. I mean look how empty this place is, we never run contests, or races, or competitions.

Nothing!

Yeah, that was a rant, I wanted to do that for a while, but now... Rower, Arn, Mr. A, eye or whever else wants to lock this thread:
I just want my message out, take a suggestion, one of them, it will help not on the team, but helping curing dieases.

--MrMacMan

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Here Here Mr Macman! You are right! The forum of distributed computing is very dull. I have noticed that on weekends, no one posts a message... That's for me when I have the most time on my hands. I don't get it why it is sooo quiet. And during the week at best only one thread is posted by one person. We have to get a bit of live in the threads here and in our folding team! Get out that banner, do some advertising, make people curious and ask questions!

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Since you two are so worked up about this feel free to start a new thread and work out some recruiting plans.

This is an open forum - sitting back, watching, and complaining is still being "part of the problem" if you don't do anything to help.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
i remember last time when folding was on the front page we got a bunch of new members

maybe we should do that again. i'm happy with what ppl are currently doing, but having no influx of new members hurts future production

just a suggestion. every new computer counts, even if they only fold one unit

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I'm just waiting for my three p14xx work units to finish. One is due at the end of the month, the other two tomorrow.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm surprised that we haven't stayed at least status quo with the introduction of the new G5. MrMacman, bousozoku, & Rower_CPU are among are greatest boosters of folding.

Happily are ranking is still at number 20. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.