Why are LCD's STILL 2-4 weeks shipping 10 days later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bhennies, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Ok, so I really NEED my new 23" display, and I was slightly encouraged when I was told by Apple "middle of the month- 2 to 4 weeks". That was 10 days ago when I ordered it. How come it still says 2-4 weeks on apple.com when you add one to your cart? I would check my order status, but I ordered through a reseller to save on tax and they have no more info than I do, so does anyone that ordered through the apple store have any more info? Like a better shipping estimate- did they somewhat delay things? I'm dying here.

also, do they have these things on display at the apple stores? I wouldn't mind going to check one out.

Thanks!

2. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

Because when you add it to your cart today the system is estimating the time based on a purchase today, it can't compensate for your purchase 10 days ago.

There may have been some kind of delay, Apple shipping estimates are just that, estimates. If you don't get it in 20 days I'd start making some calls.

3. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I think Apple just doesn't update their ship dates very frequently. AEx is still said to ship in 3-4 weeks, even though it said that a week ago.

Hopefully you'll get it soon.

JOD8FY

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

its cause when apple introduces new stuff, they only make enough for steve's desk :)

iJon

5. Bhennies thread starter macrumors 6502

My display is expected around august 9th. What a crock! I ordered it right after they were introduced. I don't care if "everone else" runs their business that way. It's still awful business practice to make someone wait that long- I make a living off of my computer. Sigh...back to waiting- it's a shame apple makes such great products 'cause man....

I pity those poor folks who waited for xserves, or ipod minis, or g5's, or....