Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zucka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Bellingham, WA
I'm playing iTunes. Running an adapter to plug into my Macbook's headphone jack to a stereo beneath my desk, every so often, my speakers will pop and the music will stop playing. Volume level is at a VERY decent level and is definitely not a determining factor. When I say "pop" what I mean is that my speakers will make a sound that's a little fuzzy, but it's loud and it cuts off my the music from my speakers BUT here's the trick: My iTunes music does not stop playing, it's just not going through to the speakers, and if I pause my music from the iTune's main window, and then push Play again, it will resume playing normally. I haven't had this happen in about a month now, but in the last 15-20 minutes it's happened 4 times. I've had my computer since mid-semptember, and the first time this problem occurred was about 2 weeks after purchase. I've had kernel panic problems with my computer, so whenever I take it into a Genius Bar, I always forget to mention this to them....Anyone else with a Macbook have this problem? I'm almost certain that it's not the cd adapter cord or the cd player/cd player speakers.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
Hey,

Sorry can't help you much. But i thought you might want to add your problem to the list in the following topic:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/250680/

Alot of us are experiencing popping and other weird behaviors with our speakers. I haven't seen or heard of a proper/temporary fix yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.