why are my airport settings not working?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PB_deprived, Jun 8, 2005.

1. PB_deprived macrumors newbie

I have the latest revision Powerbook with airport, and I can't get it to automatically join my wireless network after I wake from sleep. In my network preference pane, I tell airport to automatically join my network, but when I restart or wake, no dice. Then I check my network pref pane again to see what gives, and find out that the settings I gave it for joining my network are gone (network name and password) and are replaced with the word 'default'. Why are my settings not being retained. I know it's a simple matter of selecting my network from airport's drop-down menu, but I just want it to do this automatically.

Any help?? Please

I've attached a pic of what part of the network preference pane I am referring to. Thanks in advance for the help

Attached Files:

2. aminadab macrumors regular

I don't have any help, but have the same problem on a new iBook and a new 12" Powerbook. It's really annoying.

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Rather than creating a location, try setting it to Automatic and setting up your Airport details there.

Some people have had success by deleting their current airport names/passwords from Keychain Assistant.

4. PB_deprived thread starter macrumors newbie

That did the trick, thanks so much for the fix. :D :D :D