why are Phoenix Wright and Truma Center for the DS $50??!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by mac000, Jun 26, 2006.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

i've been kinda interested in these two games but when i was puzzled i couldn't find them at local retailers i checked Amazon.com and both were $50, what in the world gives???? those games didn't even get such great of a score....:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :confused:

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Both are extremely popular, also i believe both are now discontinued

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Phoenix Wright is supposed to be excellent and hard to find. Trauma Centre? No idea. they're cheap over here. well, £25. WHOA! We finally got a cheaper price than america for something. I'm overcome here. Both are in all the shops too as I think they're relatively new (trauma centre being about 3 months old IIRC).

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I can't find phoenix wright anywhere but i do own trauma center

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

T.Center is like $29.00 where I live....these games are very popular so the retailers push them up.

Why do they like to discontinue the good games but leave the craps out there..

Bless

6. erkanasu macrumors 6502

trauma center in germany is 39E, thats about 55ish USD!

7. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

I've been thinking about tracking down a copy of Phoenix Wright since everyone keeps going on and on about it... not too interested in the DS version of Trauma Center though, I think I'll just wait for the Wii version.

8. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

Trauma center will be readily available at the end of July. It is going to have a second release due to the demand and cult popularity...

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

There are a handful of games which need to be rereleased due to all the new owners looking for great DS games which aren't made anymore.

Glad to hear Trauma Center is one of them, it's on my list of games to play.

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Both are very very good games. Great fun and very different if you're into that type of stuff.

Those after Phoenix Wright keep a look out on import sites for the Japanese version entitled Gyakuten Saiban: Mask Vision Murder Case. It's only $US30 on Playasia at the moment.

It's exactly the same game as the US release of Phoenix Wright except that it has both English and Japanese languages. All you have to do is press a button on the main screen (one of two it's really obvious) and the language changes over to English. I've got that copy and I can fully vouch for it.

11. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

WOW after reading this thread I'm really looking into Trauma center. Being a medical student and all, I'm sure i'll have alot of fun with it. Any1 have it? How good is it?

12. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Being a Medical student it's a must have for you AJ Muni, you'll get a massive laugh out of it :).

Here's two scenarios to whet you're appetite; Firstly make sure you drain the cytoplasm out of tumours before excising them to prevent metastasis! Secondly, be very carefull when removing large shards of glass embedded in the epicardium :).

13. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

14. macidiot macrumors 6502a

Good freaking luck finding a copy of Phoenix Wright at a normal price. $50 actually isn't all that bad.

The reason is that originally Phoenix Wright was not all that popular, even though it got good reviews. As a result, not that many copies were made. Then everyone decided it was a great game.

High demand, no supply = big price.

There have been reprints, but they usually disappear immediately.

Oh, and there is supposed to be a sequel coming out. I recommend getting a copy at release... ;)

15. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a