Why are some people so crazy?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by davidjearly, Mar 16, 2007.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I have just watched an Apple iSight go for £161 on eBay that I came across by chance whilst browsing. For those in the USA, that is $313!

I mean, I understand it is a beautiful webcam, but with the lastest addition of USB support, and with other compatible iSight replacements going for under $100, I just don't get this.

I wish I owned one of these now. I would be immensely happy to get even half of that for it!

David

EDIT: Just to add that is used, and here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-iSight-...0091131753QQcategoryZ4601QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

Now that people cant have them it makes them want it even more. ;)

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Believe it or not money means different things to different people. Can't judge them for throwing it away on a bad deal.

They just have more money to spend than you or I do and/or are crazy :p.

4. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

5. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I need to get on with selling mine!

iSight in box, only used a couple of times, with all attachments, only £100!

Save 60% on that eBay price! (and I won't make any profit, I'm not greedy)

UK only please. Exceptions will be made for long-term MR members. (over one year or 200 posts)

6. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I think it would be best if you made a new thread in the Marketplace. Also, if you can make a profit why wouldn't you? Like someone else said - supply and demand.

7. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I did, a long time ago, and got zero interest. Maybe UK people don't tend to look for iSights in the Marketplace. (you can't search the Marketplace for UK either - Arn is aware of this.)

I'm happy just getting my money back for it, which is far more than I would expect for any second-hand electronic goods. £160 is overpriced.