Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
You're an amazing individual, Doctor Q. And such precision just after a trip to Music City leads me to believe you were fine tuning your batteries during the intervals. :)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Not that we're all that stunningly close in member IDs, but mad jew and I joined within about two weeks of each other and have almost 29,000 posts between the two of us.

I've got something like a dozen or so and he has the rest. ;)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Kwyjibo said:
was tazo really a veteran ....

to me he was a kid who just posted way to often and couldn't respect others, I don't even think he was here that long, he just posted tons

He was actually banned twice because he had another account before Tazo. He kept going into rant mode everywhere, which got him busted. Then again, he created a 3rd account.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Doctor Q said:
The reverse prize goes to Applespider (member 28180) and Mitthrawnuruodo (member 30694), who have no high posters between them, leaving a member number difference of 2,514, even though they joined only 50 days apart!
Cool, I always wanted to be a statistical anomaly... :D

Edit: What is really cool, though, is that Applespider and myself are also, at the moment, very close on the members list:

Picture 1.png

:cool:

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
applemacdude said:
im oldschool

Hey, that's 14 days before Vbulletin was introduced. How was it without vB? Real bad-*ss or ok?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
What is really cool, though, is that Applespider and myself are also, at the moment, very close on the members list:

View attachment 54900
That is indeed cool. I wonder what the secondary sort order is? It's not alphabetical, as you can see here when it happened to me. I'm guessing it's by member number.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
63dot said:
Looking at blogs around the internet, jefhatfield/jhatfield is a fake personality and he is actually a she.

I think some people found out that jefhatfield or jhatfield was/is actually Juliana Hatfield, a minimally famous rock star from the 1990s. Some of the posts are hers and I think some belong to her friends/family.

Also, look at the avatar from jefhatfield's posts. It's her 1962 Gibson SG-Les Paul with the "small" plastic pickguard, just like the one on Juliana Hatfield's website. Also, way back in jefhatfield's posts, King Cobra and iGav, a couple of oldtime members, seem to know that jef is Juliana Hatfield but they are not telling.

Just a theory to put out there.

Hang on - over in this thread, you claim to be jefhatfield :confused:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Capt Underpants said:
It's kind of like a timeout/warning before a permanent ban takes place. For instance, macgeek2005 was banned for a short time, and since his behavior didn't improve, he was later banned permanently.

Wow, didn't know Jeff left, but I do remember that macgeek2005. There's another member here named MacGeek, and for some strange reason, sometimes I expect the worst posts by that guy/girl just because their names are so similar. My first instinct when I first see that name is haaaaate.

I'm always amazed by Q. Go on, Q. Keep talking those words.

DMPDX said:
I'm confused. To be logged in and have the status of guest means that the member has navigated to MR and put in his/her log in info, and can post, but it hjust says guest? why would it just say guest? why wouldnt it say the 68... whatever thing. What exactly does the guest status do to a member, and how does one acquire that status?
-dsm

MacRumours isn't just for posting, you know. Sometimes you need to read too. ;)

And sometimes, I need to look at the date and realize that I'm replying to a post from 3 weeks ago....

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
imacintel said:
I was banned because I copied a persons avatar and I also changed my Sig too much.

Let's not forget your 5+ thread in Wasteland.;)

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Wow, this thread brings back a lot of memories. I just saw a lot of usernames I haven't seen in years.

I joined in the middle of '02 and can still remember spam with Alphatech and the whole debate about jefhatfield and the Mrs. eyelikeart picture, and how everyone was going nuts about the new mysterous PPC chips that IBM was developing.

Man I feel old.

And to anyone who wants to know why people (especially old-skoolers) drop off: It's probably because all the people they used to know and all of the people they used to talk with gradually lose interest and drift away. With the large influx of new members about 1-2 years ago, I definitely didn't feel as comfortable as I did when I first joined. Ironically, the only member names that I still recognize are the old farts that post in the Political forum.

And for what it's worth I'm member #3781

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
job said:
Wow, this thread brings back a lot of memories. I just saw a lot of usernames I haven't seen in years.

I joined in the middle of '02 and can still remember spam with Alphatech and the whole debate about jefhatfield and the Mrs. eyelikeart picture, and how everyone was going nuts about the new mysterous PPC chips that IBM was developing.

Man I feel old.

And to anyone who wants to know why people (especially old-skoolers) drop off: It's probably because all the people they used to know and all of the people they used to talk with gradually lose interest and drift away. With the large influx of new members about 1-2 years ago, I definitely didn't feel as comfortable as I did when I first joined. Ironically, the only member names that I still recognize are the old farts that post in the Political forum.

And for what it's worth I'm member #3781

Sweet, another old boy:p

I still remember when I first got internet, and went to http://www.apple.com (Sept. 2004). The new iBook G4!:D The latest rev. iBooks were just announced, and I wanted one so badly. I'm glad I waited.;)

I am member #2 on a friends forum, so I know how it is being a mod + old skool. We have nearly 400 members now (w00t!:D ), and it's starting to get out of control. Trolls and stuff. In the old days we had fun, when a mod called ariakas accidentally banned himself.:p

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Josias said:
Sweet, another old boy:p

I still remember when I first got internet, and went to http://www.apple.com (Sept. 2004). The new iBook G4!:D The latest rev. iBooks were just announced, and I wanted one so badly. I'm glad I waited.;)

I am member #2 on a friends forum, so I know how it is being a mod + old skool. We have nearly 400 members now (w00t!:D ), and it's starting to get out of control. Trolls and stuff. In the old days we had fun, when a mod called ariakas accidentally banned himself.:p

I tried to ban myself here and it wouldn't work.

I thought that trolls were limited to Norway. :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
mad jew said:
The one at the bottom looks familiar.
He looks especially familiar to me, because we brought home a wooden troll much like that one when we visited Norway. He still sits on the TV.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
emw said:
You must have a big TV.
50 or 60 drunks at a football game walk away with the Jumbotron a couple years ago ... now it seems the mystery of where it is, has been solved.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
what happened to macEffects?

I checked and his name now appears as a guest also...

last activity was two days ago..

I taked to him and he doesn't know what happened either :p



Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Sun Baked said:
50 or 60 drunks at a football game walk away with the Jumbotron a couple years ago ... now it seems the mystery of where it is, has been solved.
My backyard:

worldslargesttv.jpg

(Actually, the troll we have is less than a foot tall, and the TV isn't very big either.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.