Why bother getting a Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jun 30, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 6502

Nov 30, 2005
    'Bother' seems like an odd choice of word. Is the getting of a Mac really a major source of annoyance?
  3. macrumors member

Jun 28, 2009
    I don't think the act of purchasing a Mac is necessarily bothersome, but the idea of switching to a new OS might be.

OS X is easy to learn, but for Windows users looking to buy a new computer they are choosing between something they are familiar with, and something they may have to spend a little bit of time learning. I could see how that could be bothersome.
  4. macrumors newbie

Jun 16, 2009
    as a self confessed geek I have no problem what the OS is. I needed a laptop with decent power and battery life in a smallish form and the macbook fitted this perfectly (apart from Flash)

in the desktop main pc I cannot see my self with what Apple has to offer
    (my main PC has 3 hard drives a quad core intel 2 dvd-r drives and the like)
    I have built my own pcs with carefully selected components for years and though the Mac Pro is a fantastic machine it is way out of my price range

I use programs on my macbook that their are no decent replacements for on windows and I would say the same for the Vista desktop

I will replace the macbook with another one in a year or so but my desktop will be a windows one