Why can Eizo get it right?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sblasl, Nov 13, 2006.

1. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Why can Eizo get it right and Apple can't when it comes to delivering quality displays? Is it the design, materials, engineering, or quality control? Apple has 3 displays, Eizo has too many to mention.

Maybe Apple should contract with Eizo to put out 3 displays with unquestionable quality.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I give up. I sat here for five minutes trying to think of something sarcastic to write about this, but this post has clearly reached a point where it is beyond parody and satire. I salute you, you have successfully stumped me.

3. nick004 macrumors regular

What kind of answer do you want from this?
    A "yes you are right, let me call Steve right this minute"
    or "yes the quality is different wish Apple would deal with that"
    or even "No, the quality is the same if not better" and an argument with people giving their useless opinions.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I wonder the quantities of widescreen panels each company buys and the number of displays they ship.

Every company has problems with panels, even Nanao/Eizo. I'd almost think that they sell so few that they have time to be more picky or they inspect everything themselves instead of delegating the process the way Apple has been doing with so many things.

I just don't remember the last time I saw the name Eizo or Nanao on a product in a store but I think they only sold CRTs at the time.

5. sblasl thread starter macrumors 6502a

sblasl

I just wanted to know "why". Apple prides themselves in so many things and I don't understand why they continue to let the issues that they have been experiencing with their displays to continue. They have the means to resolve the problems I believe, why don't they just pull the trigger and correct the issues once & for all. So where does the problem lie?

6. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

What issues? What are you talking about? The majority of users are very happy with their displays. There are a few that have gotten faulty ones, but isn't that the case with every company? You can't possibly be implying that Eizo makes 100% perfect displays 100% of the time? That's pretty much impossible. So, what are the major issues that affect all Apple displays, and how do you propose they can fix them immediately?

Also, out of curiosity, how did you pick Eizo as the perfect company, and not, say... Dell, as many here would have done when comparing displays (since they use similar materials to Apple).

7. sblasl thread starter macrumors 6502a

sblasl

I never said anything about "perfect" did I? It is more than a few and in some cases the issue has been repetitive with the same individuals. If you would like to know the issues do a search. It is not my role to resolve the problems, I am a end-user, a consumer, and one who would like to remain loyal to Apple but have doubts as it relates to their current product line of displays.

8. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

If you have doubts about the quality of Apple displays, then I would encourage you to either try one out in person, or just not buy them. But by your phrasing throughout this thread you've implied that Apple has major issues with quality control and that their displays are faulty in some way. Anecdotal evidence based on a few bad reports by a few users doesn't exactly make a strong case against the displays. Yes, some people have had problems with their displays, sometimes with the replacements as well. That doesn't imply that there's anything buy a case of bad luck involved there, though, does it? If I bought a sandwich from Subway and it had a piece of tomato on it that was moldy, say, would I be correct in assuming that there was a general problem with Subway sandwiches, or would it be much more likely that one rotten tomato got through the selection process?

I'm sure that if Eizo displays (which you clearly hold in very high regard) were used in as widespread a manner as Apple displays, there would be more reports and complaints of faulty ones as well. No product is perfect, and the more of one that is out there, the more number of faulty ones there will be as well.

9. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

ha!

Funniest damn thing I've heard all week. You speak for MANY of us here.

10. sblasl thread starter macrumors 6502a

sblasl

I'll reserve my opinions & concerns in the future. I thought the name of this thread was "Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion". Not "let's bash someone for making an honest inquiry".:confused:

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

1. Who the hell is Eizo?

2. Where are you getting this information that so many people are having trouble with Apple displays? I hang around these forums a lot, and have yet to see many people complaining about the displays. Sure, a few have problems here and there, but that's to be expected with any product. But I have not seen numerous reports of display issues.

12. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

The fact that you don't know this means that your second point is pointless.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My second point has nothing to do with Eizo.

14. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

This is the second Eizo++ Apple-- thread I've seen..

Are they paying you people?

And for the record... what are you comparing here? The 24" EIZO FlexScan (FlexScan S2410W) appears to be approximately $1600 retail, while people can get the 23" Apple Cinema display for $999. Why should I pay $600 more for 1" more?

15. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I think these dips read some problems posted on the forums, and the assume this represents the entire category of people who purchased Apple displays. Of course, the moment we post a poll that says "are you satisfied with your Apple displays" I'm confident it will be overwhelmingly "yes."

People like this OP are forgetting that few people who buy a product that works exactly as expected post about it.

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm still trying to figure out what these problems are.

Nanao/Eizo has long been the highest performance, highest quality brand of displays from a third party company.

So much for the veritas.

Don't you mean that people will not post about it when it works correctly?

17. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Yes... isn't that exactly what I said?