why can i no longer access or send pms?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by gators2281, Aug 12, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

i didn't know where to post this but my pms and inbox got deleted. i would have spent a pm to a mod but obviously that's not possible so i figured i'd post in here. if a mod could help me out that would be great. thanks.

2. macrumors Core

iBlue

I couldn't find any info/announcements about it but I almost wonder if newbies with under a certain amount of posts have had their PM's restricted because of previous spam attacks.

3. macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Now that I've caught my breath from laughing, could you please capitalize PMs thusly?

Thanks.

P.S. this should probably go under 'Site and Forum Feedback'.

4. macrumors 68020

Ntombi

You need at least 5 posts to be able to send/receive PMs.

According to this
    most of your posts don't count. Your official post count is 3.

5. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, PMs have been disabled for users with fewer than five posts. Because of problems caused by Internet advertisers, spammers, and bots that misuse our Private Message system, we have had to curtail the use of Private Messages by members who do not post in the forums. As mentioned, you can read about the Private Message requirements here.

Members can obviously get past this inconvenience simply by participating in some of our discussion threads. There are thousands of posts in our forums each day, so they should have no trouble finding a topic or two of interest that will get them over that five-post hump.

6. macrumors 6502

RainForRent

Ha, glad someone else noticed that.

I wasn't even aware to the fact you needed 5 posts to PM. I never had a use for PM before I had 5 posts. Hmm.