Why Can't I Download Anything?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Steve Jobless, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

Ever since I downloaded the Seinfeld Episode The Contest, I can't seem to download anything at all. I tried powering down my computer, modem etc. But I still can't download anything. This is very frustrating. Any Ideas why? I use verizon DSL if it matters.

Thanks

2. bitabytex macrumors member

Are you able to access the internet? (might be a stupid question since you posted here)

Maybe reinstallng Safari, or whatever browser you use, will help. I haven't ran across a problem like this before, so I'm just shooting in the dark.

3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well, for starters, I believe that is Illegal. Moving along... what did you use to download this?

4. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I think we need to know what program you were using- iTunes? Limewire, Bittorent (both illegal so can't be discussed here), some other online service? Without that we can't be of much help

5. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

i didnt use anything other than a backup server (rapidshare) and firefox. No software legal or illegal was involved.

also i tried using other browsers that didnt work

6. LastLine macrumors 65816

Respectfully the use of Bittorrent at least, and I would assume Limewire too - in itself isn't illegal so long as it's not being used to transfer copyrighted material. However if that's not what you meant ;) lol

7. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

see above
    although i do have limewire pro on all my computers, thats a different story ;)

8. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Huh?

Are guns illegal? Are knives? No? Okay, neither is Limewire or BitTorrent. Now, HOW you use them might be...

Users>your user>Library>Preferences and look for the com.something.firefox.plist (starts with com, ends with plist and has the name of whatever program you used in there) and move that file to the desktop. Quit and reopen the affected program. If it works, toss the plist into the trash.

9. imacintel macrumors 68000

This guy should just get iTunes.