why can't I get my gmail on my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjs08, Aug 20, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

>>why can't I get my gmail on my iPhone<<

It seems to have all the information on the iPhone necessary, but I can't get my Gmail.

Thanks.

Frank

2. macrumors 68000

3. macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

go to your settings and select the Fetch New Data button, then see what it is set to, I have mine set to every 15 minutes but I think the default is manually but I might be wrong

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

>>go to your settings and select the Fetch New Data button, then see what it is set to, I have mine set to every 15 minutes but I think the default is manually but I might be wrong<<

it's set for hourly. I haven't been able to get any Gmail since Apple went to Mobile Me. I used to get it before that.

Frank

5. macrumors 6502

Try deleting and recreating the account on your phone, I get both my gmail and me.com mail just fine on my iPhone. It sounds like you have something set incorrectly.

6. jennnn, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

macrumors newbie

Try changing your password

I had this problem but it turned out to be that I had a character in my password that gmail didn't like. There was no error message about this. I had to puzzle through it myself

My password had worked using Outlook and webmail - just not on the iPhone for some reason...

7. macrumors member

Does your Gmail push to your phone? I've never been able to get mine to push. Does everyone have this issue?

8. macrumors 68040

eastercat

I get push fine.

9. macrumors member

Isn't the only way to get push notifications from gmail by setting it up as an exchange account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. macrumors 604

wordoflife

Works fine for me, but I think I have Gmail set up under Microsoft Exchange on my phone.