why can't i sync my ipod to hd?!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mooshoo, Apr 29, 2005.

1. mooshoo macrumors regular

That's really annoying. My ipod is just about full, and I wanted to transfer the music over to the library in iTunes, but it won't let me do it. it'll sync the library to the ipod, but not the other way around. any suggestions? is there software for this? thanx!

2. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Apple prevents you from doing this on purpose... there's no way to do it, other than using special software.

3. angelneo macrumors 68000

Yelp, this is to prevent piracy or people from using iPod as a mean of sharing music. I think this has more to do with pleasing the relevant authority.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

just do a search on versiontracker.com and you'll find tons of programs to do what you want.

5. mooshoo thread starter macrumors regular

6. devastator777 macrumors newbie

Same dumb question I guess...

Yeah, I just got a PB 17" 1.5 ghtz and wanted to sync my ipod which has 1700 songs on my other Dual 867 PM to upload songs to the PM library and couldn't do it. I thought you could in the past??? Some advice or where to look please? Thank you.

Dual 867 PM///30 gb 3rd gen ipod///20gb old school ipod///22" Apple Display///17" Apple Display///17 " 1.5 ghtz PB

7. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

I can't say for sure if this was ever possible with iTunes, but it certainly isn't allowed now (see above for explanations). Also, as previous posters have already said, just go to versiontracker and search for iPod to find at least a half dozen programs to do what you want.