Why cant my mac stay awake

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by beatle888, Nov 28, 2004.

1. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

Whenever i turn on iTunes to listen to music and walk away to do some chores my computer goes to sleep.

Yes i do have my energy controls set for the monitor to sleep after 15 minutes of no activity...but i consider playing iTunes activity. How can i prevent my system from sleeping while the computer is running iTunes? Im sure apple realizes that people might want to run iTunes and use the cool "Visualizer" video effects...with this in mind why would the monitor sleep while "Visualizer" is running? is there a way around this without turning off the sleep option in the energy control panel?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hot corners...

Make one of the corners on you screen disable the screen saver when you move the mouse over there.

3. beatle888 thread starter macrumors 68000

beatle888

yeah, i tried that but i thought it didnt work...maybe i moved the mouse after i placed the cursor in the "disable screen saver" corner.....trying again.

and thanks for the response.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

is the monitor just going to sleep or is the whole computer going to sleep? i have mine set to never sleep, but the monitor sleeps after about 15 mins.

the monitor will sleep if there is no mouse or keyboard activity for that period of time, the computer will sleep if there is no processes going on, so play iTunes shouldnt allow the computer to sleep, but the monitor would go off