Why can't Vista find wireless drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fud122, Jan 30, 2007.

1. fud122 macrumors member

I just installed Vista final on my MBP C2D and I checked through Windows update for the wireless drivers but it doesn't find anything...I thought the drivers were available online?? Thanks

2. uscmex macrumors newbie

http://guides.macrumors.com/Vista_Beta_2_on_Macbook_Pro

use t he last part, the extract D;? install mac drivers" and when u ge tthose 3 files on your desktop, go to the device manager and reinstall both isight and airport using the program fikles folder.. worked for me!

3. kkrull macrumors regular

kkrull

4. notredewey macrumors member

notredewey

I'm having the same problem here too. When I first intstalled Vista, it connected fine. After running the Bootcamp drivers it stopped working. I tried to follow the directions in the links above but nothing was working. The command line wasn't working for me. Any suggestions? Could I maybe delete one of the bootcamp drivers that may be no longer be allowing me connect? Thanks.

5. ruckus cooper macrumors newbie

Notredewey...

I am having the same problem...I have tried absolutely everything I have seen online, and have used the above method to install the iSight driver. But what is the driver name for the airport??? Vista is useless to me if I cannot use the airport wireless card. Please help!!!

6. projectle macrumors 6502

Just go here and download the D-Link DWA-645 driver so that you can use 802.11a/b/g/n functionality rather than being limited to the 802.11a/b/g functionality.

7. terryrocks macrumors newbie