why charge to print in test drive office?so mad!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coffey7, Jun 29, 2006.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I spent a about an hour typing up a word doc in MS/word in the 30 day test drive that came with my Macbook.NOW TO PRINT IT I HAVE TO BUY IT FIRST.I am so mad I want to break something.1st it was so hard to type with the super small page.I'm starting to not like wide screen laptops.2nd I tried to print in the windows side of my computer but I get those stupid error messages about hardware not installed correctly. WHY IS IT ALWAYS SO HARD TO PRINT THINGS WITH COMPUTERS? Ever try to set up a printer in linux?Sucks. 3rd TEST DRIVE IS EVIL! I tried to delete it for about 10 minutes.It kept coming back saying"you can't delete this its in use". then I restarted and right before it went black the screen says "would you like to buy office now" Its evil just go away. Why is everything so hard to close out with macs.I wish I could just click the little red button and have things go away.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think they do it just to frustrate people who are trying to use MS Office for free, over and over.

Of all the trial software I've used, it generally either doesn't let you save or it doesn't let you print.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

FWIW, you can open the document in TextEdit and get a reasonably decent version to print, or in the real or demo version of Pages. Probably also in the free Office Suite replacements.

4. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I'll try that. I'm more calm now.