Why chirping during recharge?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Richard8655, Aug 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Why does my iPad chirp every so often during recharge? The intervals seem random. No error messages or warnings on the iPad, as it contunues to charge. The display activates showing a large battery icon with charge percentage, then the display shuts off.

Not an issue, really, except it's at bedside during overnight charge, and wakes me up!

2. macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Is your USB Cable coming apart??
    It's doing this on my iPhone Cable...but not my iPad's yet.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

USB cable looks fine. It's always done this from day 1. Thanks for the suggestion to check.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Waking this thread up one last time. No one else has this issue? Otherwise I'll just turn the volume down during charging.

5. macrumors regular

If it's the same chirp sound that the iPad makes when you first plug your cable in to charge... Then there's def a loose connection somewhere. Could even be your iPad. Try changing your cable just for good measures.

6. macrumors 68040

Mine doesn't do this - I have seen something similar when the dock cable wasn't seated all the way and so it was starting/stopping charging.

I'd try another cable first....

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thanks guys. I'll double check that the dock cable connection is secure, or swap out to a different cable if that doesn't work.

8. macrumors 65816

testcard

Have you checked your iPad is firmly seated on the dock connector without any "“wobble”?

9. macrumors 68000

BillyBobBongo

If you mute the iPad it doesn't chirp when you plug it in.

Does indeed sound like a dodgy connection. You could just pop into the store you got it from, I'm sure they'd replace the cable.