Why crucial?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ephex, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ephex macrumors member

Oct 24, 2004
    Everyone on here seems to recommend crucial ram, and no word is ever said about corsair or mushkin which are both excellent quality brands.

Any specific reason or is it just because you were recommended crucial and it worked for you? :p
  2. ephex thread starter macrumors member

Oct 24, 2004
    hehe, should have used forumsearch i guess...

edit: neither of those threads completely answers my question with verifiable facts...
  3. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2000
    Nor Cal
    Price, Quality and Guarantee

See Title!

Not to mention FAST shipping, easy of finidng exact product you need.

You may find cheaper - but you have to ask... is a few dollars worth the risk?

4. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

Jan 26, 2004
    I vote crucial.
    They've done me well.
    I found the product super easy.
    No gimmicky type things.
    You know when you order it that you are getting what you need.
  5. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Jun 26, 2004
    Well there is along a math matical formal and theroy that explains it really well and it would work here. For example say you ahve a black and white ball in a bag and each as an equiral chance of being pick. Well what ever color you pick you put that one back in the bag plus another one of the same color in the bag. You do that enough the bag is going ot be full or pretty much one color what ever color you pick first. (so if you pick black first it will be full of black balls) I seen the stuff on it and it really makes since.

So for this some mac user pick out crucial earily on and said it was great. So looking for good ram say crucial was great so they bought it and then stated it was great and so it goes on.

Personly I like kingston ram and corsair. A few of my friends Mushkin in there computers. I think ti good stuff and never really seen any problems with all 3 of those brands. I dont hear of people using crucial much out side of mac users.

either way it all comes back to that math theory that a grad student I know was doing for his theis but it makes really good since because it can be explain about many things to why one OS is so much larger now than the other. and so on.