Why Crucial

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EJBasile, May 20, 2004.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Ok i have noticed in soo many threads about RAM everyone seems to recomend crucial- why?

Just Wondering,
    Eric

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

1. Their prices are usually pretty good.
    2. The have the best warranty. It's a lifetime warranty. If at any time the RAM goes bad, they will replace it for free.

3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

'Cause they really really replace your memory free of charge, no question asked. And the memory is really really 100% compatible w/ Macs, from notebooks to servers.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Also because they are one of the best. They use premium micron chips. OCZ, Geil, and Samsung, and Kingston are other brands that I like.

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

1. They're pretty cheap
    2. It's quality stuff
    3. They guarantee that the memory chosen by their 'selector' will work in the named machine
    4. They will replace any memory that fails - I've returned a compact flash card that wouldn't mount properly in my card reader about a year after I bought it and they replaced it no questions asked.
    5. They don't charge shipping (at least not in the UK they don't)

6. josepho macrumors regular

Pretty much just a mixture of:
    good prices,
    fast fast service,
    good customer service,
    they're really trustworthy... you feel safe that if anything goes wrong they'll back you up.

I dare say there are other good memory providers but I think I'll be buying from Crucial for the forseeable future, since I have really good experience with them.

Cheers!

7. ewinemiller macrumors 6502

I called them 3 years after buying RAM for an iMac, because I was getting an an error in OSX that Apple said was bad RAM. No hassles, no problems, they cross shipped the RAM and I had it the next day. Their prices aren't that much more than generic RAM, the warrenty and service are unbeatable, they ship quickly, and I've never had a problem with Crucial's configurator giving me the wrong answer (ehem, Kingston, Viking).

Given the choice I wouldn't buy anywhere else. The only time I've had to was with a PC that needed RDRAM which Crucial doesn't sell and it was a nightmare to get the correct thing (ehem, Kingston, Viking).

8. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

I have never had a problem with Crucial RAM... it is simply quality stuff, competitively priced with good customer service. Don't forget to use the "BBUSERGROUP" code to get 5% off.

9. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

All the reasons mentioned above. However, some feel that they have gone down hill a little in terms of quality control.

The first stick I ordered from them was faulty--I reported it, the next day I was able to print out a FedEx label and send it on its merry way. Received the replacement by the end of the week. That's pretty good--wish the original had worked though.